Constipation :(

TORino

Reaction score
Sorry about the grim topic but I'm getting a bit fed up now.

I'm struggling to go to the toilet. I need to go and it's 'there' iyswim but (sorry tmi) it is really painful when it comes out. It's not the same as it used to be, it's rather hard.

I thought I had ripped myself a new bumhole the other day (really sorry...lol)

I have tried eating more fibre, fruits & veg and orange juice etc but it's not working. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am starting to dread the toilet

The only I can suggest hun is going to the docs and getting something off him. I haven't been to horrendous but have had to use it a couple of times. xxx

hey hun, i had this problem up till about 20 weeks, changed my diet to very high fibre which has worked, also had prune juice which works really well and you can buy fibrogel from chemist, thats suitable for pregnant ladies :)

Thanks girls, will try those suggestions cheers

I'd ask for lactulose on prescription, it'll soften your stools xx

I find to much dry fibre actually bungs me up so i stick to bio yogurt/drinks, orange juice with bits in (lidl have a new fresh one next to the milk that is the best i have ever tasted £1.29 a lt i think) and fruit. These are a love it hate it but my doctor suggested linseeds if you put some on yoghurt or on cereal its not to bad but it does make you think of bird food. You need to drink plenty of fluids when you have them but its amazing for getting things going and a box lasts ages. Try for the first drink of the day half a lemon juice in hot water with a little honey or sugar to sweeten. Thats good for gently waking up your digestion.

Major tip if your in labour and are extremely constipated tell the midwife they can give you something to clear the blockage!. I tore terribly with my first as i didn't know to say and as i was bf the hormones kept everything soft down there and it took along time to heal ...... as soon as i stopped breastfeeding it healed bloody hormones. I wish someone had told me before labour.

Pomegranates are good for constipation hun xx

With fibogel you must drink it straight away. Leave it for 1 minute and you can re-point your brickwork with it lol xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back