Constipation - yup another thread on it!

iWitch

Reaction score
Don't worry, I won't go into detail! It's not too bad I just can't seem to stop it no matter what I eat & drink. My question is do I contact docs now or wait to speak to midwife after 9??

Me too :-( can't keep much down so can't do anything about it really. Let me know what your midwife or GP says, I seem to be ringing my GP daily so they are going to start to think I'm a hypochondriac.

Oooo, my ticker just changed. We have arms and legs! :)

:D I haven't got a ticker yet! And I can't see yours because I'm using tapatalk

Do you think I should ring GP? I'm just worried midwife will say book an appt with GP and I'll miss them!

My midwife never rings back, if yours does it might be a start. Although I'm sure they will just say to take more fibre or fibrogel....

I have been really suffering with this - sorry for tmi but was causing bleeding and that is not what you wnat to see when pregnant.

Scared to go the loo. I take two lots of fybogel a day now and seems to help.

I have been to the doctor twice about this so if you are worried I would say go.

Wow toria, your midwife is rubbish! I know their busy but its her job :/

I know what you mean Jen. I'm pretty sure that strain cause my vaginal bleeding a few weeks back when I had to go to EPU.

GP appt at 11.40 so I shall update after xx

Doc says perfectly normal but agrees uncomfortable. Prescribed me lactulose to take as frequently as required but given me a guide doseage. Also mentioned my frequent peeing (busting but only a trickle then having to go mins later) so he tested urine and indicators show presence of whiteblood cells so sample sent to hospital for further analysis xx

So does he think you might have an infection too?

I dropped a urine sample in to GP yesterday, no idea what they are checking for. I was seeing GP about low blood pressure!

Yes I'm not sure what's going on with my midwife. I left a message on Friday as I was on the verge of fainting and my eyes were going blurry and blood pressure really low. She still hasn't rung back!

Yes possible infection. He said that the dip tests are only indicators but they usually prescribe if they fine blood or protein in urine don't they? God knows why hospital has to test it but I'm certainly not in any pain or discomfort (apart from peeing frequently).

You sound like how my friend felt a couple of weeks back and they said she was dehydrated - she said she was drinking a lot but MW said it still wasn't enough and had her drink 1/2 pint water every hour.

Lactulose worked a treat! Took max doseage advised and been easily this afternoon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back