Constipation hell !!!

Clairabelle

Reaction score
Are any of you ladies suffering?? I have been on and off for the past few weeks but Wednesday night was hell !!! I went the loo at about 8 pm and was still trying at 1.30 in the morning. I was in tears and at one point started to hyperventilate I was in that much of a state. It was just well and truly stuck and everything down below was bulging (sorry tmi) - I even thought I was gonna deliver the baby !! It got so bad in the end I was even prepared to go to hospital and ask them to put their hand up and pull it out lmao !!

Anyway I managed to pass it yesterday morning and it was very painful and I feel very tender down below:-( So now it's 3 Weetabix every morning, lots of water and orange juice, wholemeal bread, fruit and PRUNES !!!! Yuk !! But I am determined I am NEVER going through that again !!

I feel like I've given birth but seriously ladies I think pushing baby out will be a doddle compared to that :lol:

Just wondered how many of you ladies have/are suffering and what you do to prevent or help it xx

I've had awful constipation throughout my pregnancy (I'm 39+5 today). I've drunk loads of water and cordial, eaten bran flakes for brekkie every day, had lots of fruit, and taken lactulose when it's been really bad. I feel for you x

My problem is I have one like that and then I get the runs .. I can't win lol

I've never had the runs in this pregnancy, always the constipation lol x

I've had it off and on the whole time too! its horrible! i have found dried apricots work well...buys some dried ones then soak them in water overnight or untl soft and about 8 of these do the trick! I found them MUCH better than prunes! its horrible though! xxx

I've not been too bad and I put it down to three bananas a day and weetabix. And a LOT of water. Fx yours is better soon xx

lmao your post cracked me up!!! I too have been suffering with terrible constipation. I haven't been eating much tbh and whatever I do eat tends not to be healthy! I went to chemist and they gave me some orange fibre drinks which really help. Plus ive been trying to eat lots of fruit.

I've left it for a few days tho and today ive had it again. Couldn't push it out this morning so sucked it back in and went to work lol felt like I had a brick up my arse when I got home so tried again. I was sat on the loo for about an hour trying to push. Everything hurt and was how u put it 'bulging' lmao but I finally did it, it felt like I had pushed out a baby elephant looool so I think im gonna go shopping tomorrow and get a trolley load of fruit, fibre and orange juice :D

Thanks for your replies ladies. Oh Amanda your post made me laugh too - sounds so much like me lmao. Anyway so far so good since Wednesday so defo got to keep up the high fibre though I don't think a Maccy D's today counts so need to get the delightful prunes out in a bit :) Hope yours doesn't get any worse for you Amanda xx

As soon as I started feeling even slightly bound up I started having a bowl of fruif & fibre every morning. Apart from the bonus vitamins & iron, it definitely helps to keep regular hehe ran out lasf week n had to go a few days without n geez did I know it!!

I have noticed that many pregnant women do not drink plenty of fluids (water ideally). That's normally the no. 1 cause for constipation. If increased water intake won't kelp, try dried fruit fiber - they sell it in most pharmacies. My wife tried it and it did wonders - was even complaining that now needs to visit the toilet too often :)

What also helps really well (IMO) is dirnking a glass of lukewarm water with a splash of lemon in there (yuck) before you eat anything in the morning, then eat two kiwis or some (dried) prunes and not eating anything for 30 minutes after. These are all laxatives and digest super quickly. Eating something like bran flakes (too soon) takes long to digest (although healthy) and it needs to much liquid otherwise it can counteract.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back