Constipation during pregnancy and nothing works

Simon Cooper

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'm not pregnant, my wife is :)

She's 8 weeks pregnant, following a successful insemination procedure. However, she's now suffering from constipation from almost everything she eats. Things bloat her and block her and she's finding it hard to digest. Even before pregnancy she had problems in this department, being unable to eat starchy and glutenous things and sometimes not going to the toilet for a week or so. She's been on hormone treatment in order for us to get pregnant and so i'm wondering if this is the issue. Nothing else seems to work. Does anyone have any advice or any experiences they can share?

Thank you

Simon

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'm not pregnant, my wife is :)

She's 8 weeks pregnant, following a successful insemination procedure. However, she's now suffering from constipation from almost everything she eats. Things bloat her and block her and she's finding it hard to digest. Even before pregnancy she had problems in this department, being unable to eat starchy and glutenous things and sometimes not going to the toilet for a week or so. She's been on hormone treatment in order for us to get pregnant and so i'm wondering if this is the issue. Nothing else seems to work. Does anyone have any advice or any experiences they can share?

Thank you

Simon

congratulations!! Maybe speak ask her to speak to her GP, lactulose works wonders and is safe to take in pregnancy, I used to use when I was pregnant with my daughter! And I took it everyday post birth so my first trip to the toilet after birth wasn’t agonising!! It’s probably hormones making her constipated, at the same time each night I get horrendous stomach ache from trapped wind!! I’d still speak to your GP if you are concerned though! Xxx

I second lucie, lactalose is a god send, drinking more water and eating lots of fruit and veg will help too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back