Constipation/bloating - symptom?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by emma_85, Jan 5, 2016.

1. emma_85

emma_85 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies

I have a few new things happening, that seem to have reared their ugly heads over the last few days. My face is flushing red hot after eating my evening meal. The main thing being that I also feel bloated and seem to be constipated. Today I have had tummy pains that are making me feel like I need some help to pass stools. Can I take ducolax or senakot?

I tested yesterday after my 2ww and got a negative result. Today is my first day of being late (due on today, but no sign of AF) therefore, IF I am pregnant can I take anything to relieve this awful bloating and tummy pains?

2. Rachel82

Rachel82 Well-Known Member

Hi Emma

I am experiencing exactly the same thing with the constipation and I do think it can be a symptom of pregnancy. It's making me so uncomfortable today. I'm about 7/8 dpo.

I don't think you can take Dulcolax though. When I googled it people were recommending Fybogel and lactulose.

3. andreatav

andreatav Well-Known Member

I'm pregnant and suffered really bad with constipation Dr prescribed me lactulose xx

4. emma_85

emma_85 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! Need to get on the case!

5. Healthyme15

Healthyme15 New Member

I am not use into ducolax as it may bring bad side effects on our body. Try this DIgestic from Mimonis which we have used when we got constipation. It works well to all of our family and for sure will work with you also.

6. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

Rennie Deflatine hav helped me a little. The pains I was having were trapped wind! So bad I thought it was something bad going on! Safe in pregnancy. Xxx