Constantly worrying

mrs v

Reaction score
Hi ladies, you have prob heard this time and time again but I thought by writing it down it might help. :oooo:

I am 6 weeks preg tomorrow, had a mmc last February, didnt find out untill 12 weeks. We have booked an early scan for the 16th Feb, I am so worried, to the point that thinking about it I could cry, Im constantly thinking the worse and my dreams are being very cruel to me. I do have symptoms on and off, Im constantly thinking oh boobs arnt sore today, dont feel sick today..you get the theme!

Everytime I think about the scan my heart sinks and I can only fear the worse :sad: I want to be able to enjoy my pregnancy...:mad:

I'm sorry you feel like this :(
I know that you will worry, and saying not to worry is easier said than done. Try and stay positive- worry and stress aren't good for LO. I hope the scan puts you at ease. I don't blame you for worrying though, I think anybody would in your position. xx

Em is right hun, stressing out isnt going to do you or bubs any good.

i can totally understand though, I am worried sick and I dont have the extra worry of a previous miscarriage to think about.

just try to look forward to your scan. I know you are maybe trying to protect yourself by not letting yourself get too excited or to get too carried away with it all, just in case. But it doesnt matter if you have prepared yourself or not, or were excited or not, if its bad news it is gonna hurt all the same.

so why not just let yourself go and be positive and convince yourself that this one is staying with you and let yourself enjoy it? (i could also do with taking my own advice here)

hope that makes sense....?
xx

p.s. and start your journal! you have a lot to catch up on. It will be fun reading back on it when you hit the end of tri3. x

Thanks ladies...I know I need to chill the .... out...seriously just want to see a little heart beat, I'm sure that'll help!

Lynds im too scared to formally come to tri 1 yet, but after scan (10days to go) ill start a journal, I promise ;-)

xxxxxx

I think it is completely understandable why you feel this way, especially what happened to you last year :hugs: . Writing it down here must help, just getting some feedback from other ladies help you rationalise things. I hope once the scan comes around you will be able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Will be keeping a look out for you xxx

Thanks for your messages, think I just needed a rant! And what best place to do it hey! I'm going to start thinking positive, I mean for gods sake I have a spotty chin, huge boobs and I could sleep all day, that should be enough reassurance. New positive me...xx

Hey honey. So we are very similar. I had a mmc 2 years ago (got married after so long wait to ttc again lol) and when I fell pregnant this time I was a complete and utter nervous reck. Luckily I was having scans every two weeks at my hospital so I got to see heart beat. Every time I went I freaked out and I has pretty much no symptoms at all other than off on painful boobs and the odd feeling sick (never was sick). I am now 21 weeks pregnant and having my next scan on Wednesday (freaking out about that too lol). The way hubby got me to stop panicking and awful as it sounds he kept saying to me. We can't change anything. I can't stop anything happening. So in the end I had to admit he was right and relax. It is easier said then done but it does help sort of. As long as u look after ur self and relax ur giving baby best chance xxx

Hi Hun,

Sorry you're feeling like this..

This is my 6th pregnancy as my 5 previous ones were all chemical pregnancies.

I'm feeling more positive than worried, but I think that's because I've had 4 hcg blood tests to reassure me.

You could get a blood test or two in the mean time, if you see nice levels and good doubling times you might feel better.

Other than that we can be early scan buddies I'm on the 15th so we can keep each other motivated and positive until next week. :)

Xx

Hey honey. So we are very similar. I had a mmc 2 years ago (got married after so long wait to ttc again lol) and when I fell pregnant this time I was a complete and utter nervous reck. Luckily I was having scans every two weeks at my hospital so I got to see heart beat. Every time I went I freaked out and I has pretty much no symptoms at all other than off on painful boobs and the odd feeling sick (never was sick). I am now 21 weeks pregnant and having my next scan on Wednesday (freaking out about that too lol). The way hubby got me to stop panicking and awful as it sounds he kept saying to me. We can't change anything. I can't stop anything happening. So in the end I had to admit he was right and relax. It is easier said then done but it does help sort of. As long as u look after ur self and relax ur giving baby best chance xxx

Thanks hun, I know whatever will be and all...I am trying to pre-occupy my mind at the mo, nxt week will reveal all xx

Hi Hun,

Sorry you're feeling like this..

This is my 6th pregnancy as my 5 previous ones were all chemical pregnancies.

I'm feeling more positive than worried, but I think that's because I've had 4 hcg blood tests to reassure me.

You could get a blood test or two in the mean time, if you see nice levels and good doubling times you might feel better.

Other than that we can be early scan buddies I'm on the 15th so we can keep each other motivated and positive until next week. :)

Xx

Ahh congrats firstly, sorry about ur previous experience, great that your feeling positive, we have to otherwise we are in for a miserable 9mnths lol...yay for scan buddies...now that's what I'm dreading the most!!! I'm in 5:30pm on the thurs, what time you in? I'll be stalking xx

Hi Hun,

I'm 11.30 on the Wednesday..

Not to long now, are you having a private one?

I'm in Manchester too, which hospital/clinic are you at?

I'm at gyne health in Manchester.

I'm going to go to Macclesfield as my friend works there and is going to make sure I'm well looked after, they tried to send me to stepping hill!! I said no fing way!!

Xx

Stepping hill...hospital of death...no way!

Yeah we are having private scan at baby bond in manc...my midwife app is on the wed at 9:30, we want st Marys hosp as ones near us have closed, I just hope we get offered it..otherwise we are lookin at Oldham or crumpsall which I'm not keen on, prob need to have a look round really.

I just want to get it over and see a little heartbeat!!! Xx

Hi Hun,

You can request which hospital you know, just ask your gp to write you a letter.

Just think of it as a 1ww :wink::wink:

Xx

You can request your own hospital, but it all depends on what happens on the day- if they're full you can be sent anywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back