Constant tight pain across bump

kanga86

Reaction score
So I’m 31+2 weeks and really struggling with this constant tight feeling across the top part of my bump when walking around. It’s not braxton hicks as it doesn’t come and go, it’s constantly there as if something is squeezing me. It’s worse when I’m at work at usually I can do 3hrs of my shift before getting this tight feeling. But this morning it started straight away, I lasted just 1 hour, until I started being sick, I think from the constant pressure across my bump. Is this just a normal pregnancy thing and to expect it every time I try to walk more than just pottering around the house? Is there anything I can do to ease it? A maternity support belt? These all seem designed for back or pelvic pain which I don’t have, so wasn’t sure if I would be wasting my money. I still have 2 weeks left at work and don’t know how I’m going to do it.

Could be ligaments..... which can be very uncomfortable. If you’re in constant discomfort it may well be worth contacting your MAU so you can be checked over? X

Thank you princess, I'm really not sure what is going on. Feeling pain across the underside of my ribs now too, and generally very uncomfortable. It's not baby under my ribs as she is still quite far down. If I'm still like it tomorrow I'll phone up my midwife.

I'm 30wks tomorrow and have the same thing from around mid afternoon onwards. I just assumed it was because I'm huge and my muscles/ligaments ache from holding this bump up all day.. Let me know what the midwives say if you contact them!

I've still got my pain on my left lower rib area. Its bloody awful. Constantly holding on to my ribs to put bit pressure to ease pain at times.

I would definitely call your midwife or epu just to be in the safe side hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back