Constant crying

CeeCee

Reaction score
grace is five weeks old on Wednesday and is generally a 'quiet' baby. Only cries when she wants to be fed. Today she's been completely unsettled & constant crying UNLESS she's lying on her stomach on my chest (which makes me think the problem is wind?) I don't think it's fair to just leave her over night but is ringing NHS direct over exaggerating? Lol I'm a first time mom so, it's all so new to me.. She's not taking from her bottle now & there are no other symptoms really apart from the constant crying like she's in pain and a bloated stomach. I've tried pedalling her legs have winded her lots and have used infacol and nothing is working.. Any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be, and do you think it's the right idea to give them a ring? Xx thanks girls.. Xx

Sorry Hun I didnt wanna read n run. Is she bottle fed or bf? I can't offer much advice cos William didnt have anything like that. On the face of it if sounds like belly ache to me, have u tyres rubbing Their belly?

She's bottle fed yeah, tried rubbing her belly too she seems so inconsolable just not sure what it could be :( thank you though x

J gets like this but is a colic sufferer so sometimes I gave to let him drop off like this and wait at least 20 mins sometimes half an hour before I move him. Does grace suffer from colic? The only advice I can give is to keep her moving, change her position and wind her back whilst also rubbing her belly. Hope you manage to get her settled Hun xxx

Is she pulling at her ear? Just wondered if she has ear ache.

If she's still like it today, if be tempted to make an appt at your Drs just to get her ears looked at really to rule out them if nothing else.

Anyway Drs love seeing cute little babies, makes a change from gammy toe nails :)

Also has she had a poo recently, try some tummy massage and cycling her legs to see if that gets things moving as she might be uncomfortable if she hasn't been xx

How are things with you & Grace now? Did she settle?

Thank you all I gave in last night & took her to the out of hours as soon as we were in the car she settled & has slept fine since! I'm going to use infacol with every feed because the doc said it was more than likely colic she's never really been bad with wind but she seems much happier today thank you all xx

If it happens again lovely perhaps try a warm bath, sometimes the warm water can soothe their tummies, relaxing their bowels and just generally calming them. Glad she settled for you tho xx

If it happens again lovely perhaps try a warm bath, sometimes the warm water can soothe their tummies, relaxing their bowels and just generally calming them. Glad she settled for you tho xx

Thank you ill try that if it happens again. Fx it doesn't x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back