considering another pregnancy after loss of a child

KarenT23

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that might of gone through something similar to me.

sadly last February our 15 week old baby boy Charlie passed away. I was monitored well during my pregnancy as a few issues were picked up in my 20 week scan. They were never able to pin point what was going on so had to wait until Charlie was born. After his birth it became clear he had a few health issues but they were unable to diagnose the condition. We spent the 15 weeks in and out of hospital with one thing or another. Unfortunately the last 5 weeks were spend in intensive care and we came to the point that he was never going to come off the ventilator.

We have now had genetic tests done and many other tests to try and determine the condition. I think now we are at the point where the experts think it was 'just one of those things' that sometimes happen.

Has anyone has such uncertainty after the death of a child? And gone on to have another baby?

We do have a happy healthy 3 yr old boy so that does give me some hope.

Any feed back is greatly appricated x

No advice but just wanted to say so sorry about your little one and to wish you all the luck in the world x

I've just made a post about falling pregnant after the death of my son.
I couldn't wait to fall pregnant again but now its happened its a rollercoaster of emotions.
I agreed for joeys life support to be removed and now all I can feel is guilt that I let my son go and I'm pregnant less then a year later.
I honestly didn't think I'd feel like this and I'm hoping its just a hormonal phase that will pass xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back