Congrats on Your BFP!! What you did differently thread

soffphie

Reaction score
Congrats on your :bfp:
I thought i'd do a thread so we could have a collective page of info for all the TTCr's and what they did when they finally caught!

Please copy & paste the 'form' and fill out. Thank you and Congrats!! :bfp:

How long TTC for:
Known fertility issues & how dealt with (if applicable):

Supplements taken;
Female:
Male:
Added more recently:

Foods added to diet purposfully for fertility;
Female:
Male:

BD + Ovulation;
How did you track ovulation:
OPKs used:
BD pattern thruout cycle caught:
Fertility lubricants used + how applied:
After BD (staight up, how long laid down for etc etc):

Finally;
Anything you truly believe you did differently, or noticed that was different, in this cycle:

from our latest :bfp: sjf0709

Supplements taken;
Female:
folic acid and vitamin D
Male: none (he is stubborn and refused haha)
Added more recently: vitamin D for the last month and then I conceived

Female:
none but started slimming world in November to lose weight and eat healthier
Male: none

BD + Ovulation; BD 3 days before OPK peak, morning of OPK peak (coincidence) and day after OPK peak.
OPKs used: internet cheapies from eBay
BD pattern thruout cycle conceived: random as and when we could! Haha
Fertility lubricants used + how applied: none

Things you recommend that perhaps you did differently the cycle you conceived: I really believe it’s down to luck but my hubby stopped having baths the month we conceived and I started taking vitamin D, that was our only change. X

I fell pregnant a while ago now but I'll try to remember as much as I can :)

How long TTC for:
4.5yrs NTNP due to diagnoses of secondary infertility. Surprise natural BFP in Jan 2018 but end in mmc. Decided to actively start ttc - bfp july 2018 ended in mc, sticky BFP in sept 2018.
Known fertility issues & how dealt with (if applicable): Diagnosed with secondary infertility when TTC my second son. Needed clomid to help conceive him. Didn't take anything this time round.

Supplements taken;
Female:
folic acid and evening primrose oil with added vit d (only until ovulation confirmed).
Added more recently: n/a

Female:
n/a
Male: n/a

BD + Ovulation;
used ov tests, and charted temp
OPKs used: Internet cheapies
BD pattern thruout cycle caught: bd CD 7, 9, 11, 12, and 13. +opk was cd11.
Fertility lubricants used + how applied: n/a
After BD (staight up, how long laid down for etc etc): n/a

Finally;
Anything you truly believe you did differently, or noticed that was different, in this cycle:
followed SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) as closely as I could and use evening primrose oil to increase EWCM. I did notice that the month I got my sticky BFP I had mid cycle spotting at time of ovulation. I'd never had ovulation spotting before, and ovulation pains where pretty intense that month xx

Last edited:
BFP 18/3/19

How long TTC for:

Actively for this bfp 3 months but including past mc a year
No known issues but two previous miscarriages

Supplements taken;
Female:
7 seas trying for a baby
Male:
Added more recently:
I only added the 7 seas the cycle before my bfp
No specific diet but I’d like to point out we lead very healthy lifestyles, are very into fitness so eat very well in general.

BD + Ovulation;
OPKs used: clear blue digi
BD pattern thruout cycle caught: only bd twice in fertile window..the day of my peak and two days later

Would never purposefully lie flat however we would typically fall asleep after bd and if it was in my fertile window I’d just let everything stay put.
Finally;
The cycle I caught my bfp my partner and I decided not to try. I was emotionally struggling with my previous mmc and found doing OPKs and tracking my cycle stressful aswell I the bd feeling forced. We opted for a laid back approach only dtd when we actually felt like it and that happened to be our peak. I think relaxing genuinely was key for us as this is the same way I caught my last bfp xx

BFP - 3/5/19

How long TTC for: NTNP since August '18 and TTC since Jan '19
Known fertility issues & how dealt with (if applicable): N/A

Supplements taken;
Female: Folic acid
Male:
none
Added more recently:

Female:
I've cut down on meat and eaten better
Male: no change in food but completely cut out alcahol

BD + Ovulation;
How did you track ovulation: using the Ovia fertility app
OPKs used: internet cheapies
BD pattern thruout cycle caught: this month 2 days before peak and 2 days after
Fertility lubricants used + how applied: None
After BD (staight up, how long laid down for etc etc): I lay for ages with a pillow under my bum and my legs closed so there was no escape.

Finally;
no, if anything I thought this one was a write of due to the lack of BD.

It took me 6 cycles/8 months. The only thing I did differently when I caught was make sure I got my 30mins of exercise a day and BD everyday for a week around ovulation.

Bfp 7/11/18 Having twins :)

How long TTC for:
3 cycles. Had chemical on cycle 2.
Known fertility issues & how dealt with (if applicable): told last year I have an ovarian cyst and a uterine fibroid after being tested as periods becoming increasingly heavy and painful. Also turning 40 this year so properly freaking that we had left this too late.Told we wouldn’t know if this could affect ttc until we tried.

Supplements taken;
Female:
Pregnacare conception
Male: Pregnacare wellman
Added more recently:

Female:
nope
Male: nope

BD + Ovulation;
OPKs used:
internet opks from the start; temping with fermometer cycle 2&3. Used app with fernometer mostly and also added data myself to fertility friend.
BD pattern thruout cycle caught: peak opk cd14. Bd cd8,9,13,14,15. Ovulation confirmed by temp as CD16. Was gutted we didn’t manage to bd on CD16 or CD17 as trying to following Smep but turns out it didn’t matter.also, I had a dip before temp rise on cd2, which was the chemical. No temp dip before a rise on cd3 with the bfp.
After BD (staight up, how long laid down for etc etc
no lubricants at all. Did always lay still for about 15 min after.

Kept taking temp after ovulation, I know there are mixed feelings about this. Only symptoms were cramps and sore boobs (not nipples) the day before I took a test. Temp went up that morning on 11dpo so I did an internet cheapie as a poas. Had a strong, clear line. Also got +be on 25hcg the same day - I know why now as there were two embryos!

How long TTC for: Started in August 2018, had 2 chemicals and 1 mmc.
Known fertility issues & how dealt with (if applicable): None

Supplements taken;
Female:
Multivitamins, Vit D, Omega 3, folic acid (I take all of these even when not TTC)
Male: Multivitamins, vit D, Omega 3, CoQ10
Added more recently: None

Female:
None
Male: None

BD + Ovulation;
Didn't track
OPKs used:
BD pattern throughout cycle caught:
Probably ovulated on the evening of CD11 since I had cramps. We dtd coincidentally that night.
Fertility lubricants used + how applied: None
After BD (staight up, how long laid down for etc etc): Cuddled a bit but, didn't think I would ovulate that early!

Finally;
I've been drinking decaf since October, I had read somewhere that caffeine could influence conception.

I do believe that exercise makes you happier and healthier. The oh and I love to work out together when we can. I think it helped with the conception(s). He also started checking the temperature of his bath, not to go higher than 38 degres Celsius.

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry for not following the format as I am writing this on my phone :)
The only difference was let go of TTC, no tracking, and exercised.
I really think it’s best not to think about it and just live your life. It’s soooo hard to do this though while TTC and when you want a baby sooooo much.
However I had a miscarriage but if I ever try again I would not track or even test even if I miss my period. I would just let it go until at least 6 weeks as if I have a miscarriage before this it would be just a late period anyway. I truly believe it only happens when you are not trying. Well it was for me every time anyway

Good luck to everyone

Loved reading all your posts ladies !

I’m TTC baby #2 and wondering if over the counter vitamin D is something I should be taking as well as my folic acid seen as plenty of you seem to add them in?

I did have a vitamin d defiency a couple of months back which seems to have cleared up after medication & tests x

Loved reading all your posts ladies !

I’m TTC baby #2 and wondering if over the counter vitamin D is something I should be taking as well as my folic acid seen as plenty of you seem to add them in?

I did have a vitamin d defiency a couple of months back which seems to have cleared up after medication & tests x
@Bunny432 - you can get folic acid with vit d that you can buy off the shelf in boot or superdrug. x

10145803.jpg

How long TTC for: 1st month of trying
Known fertility issues & how dealt with (if applicable): non known but I had 4 mcs over the years

Supplements taken;
Female: non
Male: non
Added more recently: n/a

Female: none

BD + Ovulation;
How did you track ovulation: I have an app which tracks my period and will show me my rough ovulation time
OPKs used: none
BD pattern thruout cycle caught: literally once on the morning of the day my app said I could ovulate
Fertility lubricants used + how applied: none
This might sound strange, but after OH was finished I made sure I orgasmed as I read, this helps pushing the sperm along and gives higher chances. Also, lay still for a bit and don't run to the loo straight away.

Finally;

Not really no.

My pregnancy wasnt planned
Used pullout technique for a year and got away with not geting pregnant untill last month, lol pullout technique failed and am 8 weeks pregnant, just goes to show If its ment to be it will be.

How long TTC for: cycle 6 from mmc but trying since August 2018
Oh has 3% normal morphology. Started taking selenium.
Supplements taken;
Female: pregnacare preconception, coq10, omega 3
Male: wellman conception, omega 3, selenium.
Added more recently:

Female: none but stopped caffeine and cut back sugar
Male: cyst back caffeine and sugar.

BD + Ovulation;
OPKs used: I used clearblue digital opk sticks this cycle. Used them in past
BD pattern thruout cycle caught: every other day from flashing smiley. Dtd day before peak and day of peak, then stopped as was very ill.
After BD (staight up, how long laid down for etc etc): no lubricants. Did lay down for 20-30 minutes after.

Finally;
Anything you truly believe you did differently, or noticed that was different, in this cycle: I feel I was a lot more relaxed this cycle. I had accepted it would take some time but would happen. I also started looking for a new job which I think took my mind off things. I def think my relaxed mindset helped.

Please copy & paste the 'form' and fill out. Thank you and Congrats!! :bfp:

How long TTC for:
7+yrs

PCOS - prescribed letroZole. The cycle I conceived on I used a lower dose and it was my last cycle on the tablet.

Supplements taken;
Just me, folic acid

BD + Ovulation;
Ovia

OPKs used:
None - they were never reliable with my PCOS

BD pattern thruout cycle caught:
My gestation doesn’t match when I thought I ovulated so I bd both weekends before and after (hubby was away through the week. By gestation it was a Tuesday)

I always lie down for a little time but not purposefully - just lazy!

Finally;
On the weekend which I thought I ovulated (I had a pain on the Friday which I thought was ovulation but could have been implantation) we went to a spa. I used the sauna & hot tub. This is literally the only thing different I did during this cycle. Not recommending it but I had either already just implanted or implanted a few days later. Can’t be a coincidence??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back