Confusion with Clear Blue Advanced monitor

Tofaha

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is the first time I have posted so I apologise if it's a little all over the place. I just really wanted some advice.

I have been ttc for nine years now with no success. I have been to fertility clinics and had so many tests but no one can explain what causes the infertility on either myself or my husband. I am 37 and overweight so I know these are factors I need to consider.

From last month I started using the Clearblue fertility monitor, and I ovulated but really late in the month iu normally get positive opk''s around day 14 of my cycle but last month I had high days (smiley faces) on day 20 and 21. Me and my husband were intimate on those days as well as after and a few throughout the month.

I was late for my period by four days but on day 32 I had my period and it lasted 4 days which is quite normal for me.

So this month using the monitor I have been testing every day and then yesterday morning my ovulation test came back with a positive for pregnancy! I am guessing there is a glitch on the machine. As I have done three pregnancy tests since and they have been negative (just cheap strip tests).

I am just really confused as would an ovulation test (it was not the monitors pregnancy test) give a positive for pregnancy? Is that even possible???

Also what could it mean? Could i be pregnant or is it likely it's just an error. Keep in mind my husband has been away so it would mean that I would have conceived day 23 of my last cycle and have had a period since then.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :eh::wall2:

Tofaho

Hi Tofaha,

I havent personalised used the monitor but i am going to look into getting one. Have you tried google or contacting the makers to see if is a positive pregnancy?

What tests did you use and when are you due af?

Hi tofaha,

I have no experience with the monitor but I wonder whether it would be worth investing in a better pregnancy test just to rule it out. If you get a bfn again then I would contact the manufacturer.

Good luck!

Thank you both for your replies. I have contacted clear blue but am waiting for them to get back to me. I may call them if I haven't heard anything back by today. I googled it and it looked like its not common as I could t find anything with the actual monitor just a lot of information about whether you can have a false positive. My AF is not due until the 6th sept. I guess I will wait and see. I may wait a week and test again. You never know! :)

Cocker mum I think the monitor other than this lol is actually really good, the only down side is that you can only test when the test is due. For example each day from day 7 onwards you test with an opk. You have a time slot that you set up. If for any reason you miss that slot it counts as a missed test until the next day. Once you get your high days and peak days you no longer need to test. But you can't test more than once a day and for the pregnancy tests you can only test three days before your period is due.

As I had a positive for pregnancy (albeit with an opk stick) I can no longer test each day. I am using other tests to keep an eye on things as if I am not pret I don't want to miss my peak days.

Thank you both for your replies. I have contacted clear blue but am waiting for them to get back to me. I may call them if I haven't heard anything back by today. I googled it and it looked like its not common as I could t find anything with the actual monitor just a lot of information about whether you can have a false positive. My AF is not due until the 6th sept. I guess I will wait and see. I may wait a week and test again. You never know! :)

Cocker mum I think the monitor other than this lol is actually really good, the only down side is that you can only test when the test is due. For example each day from day 7 onwards you test with an opk. You have a time slot that you set up. If for any reason you miss that slot it counts as a missed test until the next day. Once you get your high days and peak days you no longer need to test. But you can't test more than once a day and for the pregnancy tests you can only test three days before your period is due.

As I had a positive for pregnancy (albeit with an opk stick) I can no longer test each day. I am using other tests to keep an eye on things as if I am not pret I don't want to miss my peak days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back