Confusion, No Answers

If you started getting symptoms 3 weeks before your next period it’s almost definitely not pregnancy related, sorry. At that point in your cycle you haven’t even ovulated yet. The only way you could be pregnant is if you you conceived last cycle, had a period, and then still got a load of negative tests.... Seems very very unlikely. I think you’ve convinced yourself you’re pregnant and that’s causing your symptoms.

If you started getting symptoms 3 weeks before your next period it’s almost definitely not pregnancy related, sorry. At that point in your cycle you haven’t even ovulated yet. The only way you could be pregnant is if you you conceived last cycle, had a period, and then still got a load of negative tests.... Seems very very unlikely. I think you’ve convinced yourself you’re pregnant and that’s causing your symptoms.
my last period was the 28th of November, i ovulated on Friday the 12th of December and since then these symptoms started. I'm doing a test on the 24th or 27th of December. The way I'm feeling is totally not the way I am. I rarely cry or get irritable. Everyone I know says I am the happiest person they know. Always smiling and laughing.I haven't convinced myself that I'm pregnant neither because I've never been pregnant so these symptoms are totally out of the ordinary. I get tender breasts before my period which last 2 days and they never swell up or go firm. Thus I saw my GP which took days and wasn't very long, no physical examination. So I'm still clueless.

Last edited:
I think it’s probably too early for you to have pregnancy symptoms. These only start after implantation which happens around 5dpo but can be later.

It’s possible the symptoms you are having are just fluctuation in hormones. Our bodies play tricks.

Good Luck.

Agree with what sugar and winterwolf have said, it would have been far too early for pregnancy symptoms when all the unusual symptoms started for you, more likely to just be an odd cycle, we all have odd cycles every now and then where our hormones seem to be all over the place, good luck I hope it gets resolved soon and you get an answer x

Agree with what sugar and winterwolf have said, it would have been far too early for pregnancy symptoms when all the unusual symptoms started for you, more likely to just be an odd cycle, we all have odd cycles every now and then where our hormones seem to be all over the place, good luck I hope it gets resolved soon and you get an answer x

My cycle is regular, it has never been late and I've never had these symptoms in my life. I also get regular smear tests. My period starts light and brown then red until it stops which is always a week. But I'm having another urine test then a blood test then another appointment with my GP, hopefully he'll do a physical examination then because this is not normal in my case. Even my family are confused, they know me far better than my GP does, my personality is different, crying every half hour, being annoyed by absolutely stupid things and not eating what I usually eat. I don't get like this before, during or after my period. Hopefully, my GP can explain this because I can't.

My cycle is regular, it has never been late and I've never had these symptoms in my life. I also get regular smear tests. My period starts light and brown then red until it stops which is always a week. But I'm having another urine test then a blood test then another appointment with my GP, hopefully he'll do a physical examination then because this is not normal in my case. Even my family are confused, they know me far better than my GP does, my personality is different, crying every half hour, being annoyed by absolutely stupid things and not eating what I usually eat. I don't get like this before, during or after my period. Hopefully, my GP can explain this because I can't.

Well it definitely sounds like some kind of hormonal irregularity for you then, if they were pregnancy symptoms they would be caused by pregnancy hormones - hcg and high progesterone - if you had such an extent of pregnancy hormones causing you to act completely differently a test would be a blazing positive now, Home pregnancy tests are actually really sensitive and pick up small amounts of pregnancy hormone, maybe you are having a particularly strong ovulation and luteal phase, it’s happened to me once or twice where I’ve had really strong ovulation symptoms followed by quite extreme pms! We all have crazy cycles from time to time, but hopefully your doctor can shed light on it to rule out anything which needs further investigate

You’ve said you ovulated on the 12th and have had symptoms since 12 (now 13) days ago. So your symptoms started a good week before you ovulated. It’s not possible to get pregnant before you ovulate.

I’m not saying you can’t be pregnant now - you could’ve caught your egg 4 days ago when you ovulated. But it’s definitely not what caused your symptoms when they started.

Ovulation can sometimes cause bad PMS type symptoms. Sounds like that’s what caused you to feel funny. Then you’ve convinced yourself it’s from pregnancy so the symptoms you feel have been amped up. We’ve all done it, that’s the joy that is TTC unfortunately. x

You’ve said you ovulated on the 12th and have had symptoms since 12 (now 13) days ago. So your symptoms started a good week before you ovulated. It’s not possible to get pregnant before you ovulate.

I’m not saying you can’t be pregnant now - you could’ve caught your egg 4 days ago when you ovulated. But it’s definitely not what caused your symptoms when they started.

Ovulation can sometimes cause bad PMS type symptoms. Sounds like that’s what caused you to feel funny. Then you’ve convinced yourself it’s from pregnancy so the symptoms you feel have been amped up. We’ve all done it, that’s the joy that is TTC unfortunately. x

I haven't convinced myself I am pregnant because I know may not be. But the symptoms I am having have never happened before, during or after my period. I know how my breasts usually look, which is a light pink and the aerola are light and soft to the touch. Now, my nipple is red, the aerola around the nipple are red and the aerola around the nipple are and the breast itself is firm to the touch. I had sex near my period too and every 2 days after it ended and sperm can live 5-7 days inside the vagina, cervix and fallopian tubes. So it is possible I ovulated during that period. I'm getting multiple tests done at my GP clinic because I understand other things can cause these issues, I've been in hospital more than I would like in my life - age 5-16. So trust me, I know other things can result in these symptoms but why would they suddenly appear when I started trying for a baby when I got my period age 15 and never had these issues? My periods used to be horrendous until I reached my 20's. They landed me in hospital twice.

Like I said, our bodies play tricks. I had been TTC for 8years and have had many wacky cycles where the only answer was to be pregnant, and I was not. If you are TTC it’s not a fat jump for you to notice EVERY tiny thing different at different points of your cycle.

Hormones fluctuate at various points and if you have a particularly strong ovulation it’s plausible that it could have these affects. Many women get PMS which can appear to be pregnancy symptoms and some women get these symptoms around ovulation.

I am not saying that you’re not pregnant because it’s always possible with unprotected sex. I am saying it’s unlikely because of the dates you have mentioned.

Also, a lot of the symptoms you mention (changing of breasts etc) normally happen after a confirmation of pregnancy because they are due to rising HCG (which would register on tests). The other explanation for this wold be that ovulation can also cause such changes.

Just because you experience a different cycle does not necessarily mean pregnancy. In the whole of you’re life time you’re probably going to experience wacky and strange cycles much more than once.

If you got your ovulation date wrong and ovulated super early then yes, you could be pregnant. But I agree with Sugarpop, you should have a positive test by now if your symptoms are really that extreme.

Sorry to say it, but symptoms suddenly appeared for all of us when we first started trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back