confusing due date

Faith

Reaction score
I am really confused about my due date and I need some help figuring it out. My period started on Dec. 22nd and ended on the 27th but by Jan.5th I was bleeding just like a normal period for a few days. I thought it was an early period and that it might be from the birth control pills I was taking. But the birth control pills turned out to be a year expired and later was I to find out I was pregnant...so that means they werent working. When I went to my OB Doctor I told her that I bled for a few days and I considered it a real period so they have been calculating my due date from Jan. 5th. BUT..I found out later from family and friends that you have to have at least 14 to 15 days between periods...so the bleeding wasnt a real period :? . That made me even more confused...and that every time I have an ultrasound or a sonogram .... the baby shows up to be older than what is calculated..... SoOoOoOo.. I just want some opinions about what you guys think is the real thing...If anyone could reply right now..that would be great...cause im gonna stay on for awhile.. Thanks! :)

sorry didnt reply sooner! I would go with the first dat sweetheart - sounds more true to the preganncy to me! if it started on the 22nd Dec, I would work out that you are due roughly29th September this year? Does that fit at all?

Thanks for the reply Sami! I was thinking the same thing. Im just wondering now...why did I bleed for a while in january?

If anyone else can share their opinion about the due date...that would be great...Thanks!

Hi Faith, when is your dating scan? cause that will give you the best idea, a lot of people here have thought they were further along, then had the scan which measures the foetus and found they wern't as far along as they thought.

Whats a dating scan? I dont think I've done that yet...but I've done the sonogram..and they measured the baby and said he seemed like he was almost 2 weeks ahead but they didnt change my due date.

The doctor said it looks as if I was 9-12 days ahead...but if its not up to 14 days ahead then they dont change the due date

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back