Confused!

LJMcK

Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC no.2 for nearly 2 years now, I’m 36 and he’s 33. Had numerous tests and all seems to be fine.

This month I have felt pinching / pricking from 5dpo followed by period pains a week before I was due on - which is today. I have tested and it is a BFN :-( has anyone else experienced these symptoms and not been pregnant? I felt so pregnant - I know sometimes your mind can play tricks but I certainly had the pricks / camps - which is so unusual.

Perhaps it’s time to consider Clomid? Has anyone who ovulates has success with Clomid?

Any comments greatly received - I’m feeling very disheartened

Can I ask why you would want to use clomid if you are certain that you ovulate?
I don’t think you will be prescribed this without there being an issue with ovulation.

Can I ask why you would want to use clomid if you are certain that you ovulate?
I don’t think you will be prescribed this without there being an issue with ovulation.

I can understand why you would think that but clomid can also be used in women who do ovulate naturally.

It can cause a ‘super ovulation’ and can result in more eggs being released. The fertility clinic discussed the option of me being given clomid (tests showed no known fertility issues) because DH had low motility and morphology.

The idea behind this was to make it easier for the sperm to fertilise an egg.

Personally I have no experience of this as we conceived completely unexpectedly, but I know so people have had success with using Clomid in this way

Yeah, we had difficulties trying to conceive our first and although there were no obvious fertility issues as such we were supported with basically chemically induced cycles - so clomid at the beginning of the cycle, scans and HCG trigger mid cycle and progesterone during the end of the cycle until af or 13 pregnant. We conceived on our 4th month of that process xx

Perhaps the best solution is to contact a doctor who will most likely be able to help you with advice. No one on the Internet is an expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back