Confused

JemRose

Reaction score
Hi I hope nobody minds me posting here as I wasn't TTC.

I gave birth to my son in July 2018, therefore was not planning anymore pregnancies for a few years. I have been on the pill since shortly PP.

I'll try and sum up my story.

On Tuesday I began to bleed very heavily and passed what looked exactly like a tiny fetus. Went to the doctor and was told it was a miscarriage around 5 weeks. They weren't overly helpful. I didn't have HCG bloods taken and took a GP test which came back positive. Told that was it basically.

Today I've felt exactly like I did when pregnant with my son. Nausea and sickness that I've only ever experienced when pregnant. If Tuesday hadn't have happened I would have been taken a test on the off chance down to how I was feeling. I took another 2 tests today and got a line. I am aware that hormones can stay in your system a while after miscarriage and cause a positive test.

Regardless I went back to see a different GP as I just felt so pregnant today. The GP seemed just as confused as I was. She told me that as my bleeding stopped and I had another positive test that there was still a chance I'm pregnant. I'm booked in for HCG bloods on Monday and then some more a week after to see if they are rising or falling.

I just feel so confused, am I pregnant, am I not? I know the most likely scenario is that I'm no longer pregnant, but that doesn't take away the fact that I'm now clueless as to what's going on. She's told me to stop taking the pill incase I am pregnant still and basically wait and see.

Just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences to mine and what happened for you?

Thank you x

Oh Jem, I’m sorry I don’t have any good advice but I hope you get answers very soon. Let us know.

Thank you Kholl.
Unfortunately I've now had 2 negative tests so it was a miscarriage x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back