Confused

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by sarahmc1989, Sep 20, 2016.

1. sarahmc1989

sarahmc1989 New Member

Hi everyone.

I feel a bit silly as my partner and I are TTC baby number 2, but I am totally confused about when ovulation and implantation etc should occur. With my daughter we didnt really try, just kind of happened.

Can anyone help, I've been tracking my periods for a few months since coming off the pill, worked out my cycle is usually around 28 days, period lasting up to 5 days max... The first day of my last period was 04/09. Does anyone know when ovulation would probably occur? I thought it was around 15/09, but not so sure.

I feel a bit frantic, we have busy lives and its difficult to 'make babies' every single night so just don't want to have missed/miss the window for this month.

I can't really talk it through like this with my partner as it always comes across a bit too much like hard work, counting days etc.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Sunflower1

Sunflower1 Well-Known Member

Everybody is different. If it is 14 days in then that's 17th Sept. 15th Sept would be day 12, which is very possible.. If your luteal cycle is less than 14 days then it could be day 15, 16, 17, 18... A good indicator is EWCM. I use ovulation tests to look for the LH surge which happens up to 48 hours before ovulation. We were told that every other night is fine for TTC.

I also take my BBT to keep track of things.

Hope that's helpful.

#2 Sunflower1, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  3. sarahmc89

sarahmc89 Well-Known Member

Sorry, just remembered my regular log in from when I was on this forum for pregnancy number 1 haha. EWCM, is like discharge yes? Im not up to date with all of the shortened versions of terms. Which makes it a bit difficult googling and looking on forums. I noticed a lot of that this morning, does that mean I could be ovulating later than I think or something else?

We only have an under arm thermometer so not sure if it would be accurate enough for tracking BBT.

I think I should have come on here a few months ago, to get the tips of how to track properly, was hoping so much for a June 2017 baby :p

4. Sunflower1

Sunflower1 Well-Known Member

EWCM is the clear stretchy stuff that is a bit like egg white. If you've got it now then definitely have sex as you are likely still fertile. It dries up after ovulation. It's only day 17 for you and if your luteal phase is 11 days then you could be ovulating. You can get a BBT thermometer from Amazon pretty cheaply. I think it has to be a mouth one. Good luck...still might get a June 2017 baby.