Confused

Ligs

Reaction score
Hi

Ok I know nothing really about pregnancy... let me start off by telling my dates.

I think my last period was 23-27th June
I had unprotected intercourse on 2nd July (Saturday ) at like 3am
According to ovulation calculators my fertile window is from 4th-9th with my ovulation day being the 8th July.

What confuses me is that a lot of people on forums and information sites clearly state that you cannot feel any symptoms straight away, but On the monday (4th) I had quite bad cramps and was so tired and also found tiny spots of blood in my pants and since then (its now 11th July) I have had cramps everyday (not as uncomfortable but still strong enough to notice something isn't like usual) and also tiredness, nausea, quite a high temp yesterday and backache. I have no idea what it could be if it isnt pregnancy related?

I just need advice because I have no idea what is wrong with my body as I say i've never even been close to getting pregnant cos I usually use protection.

I have not felt right since before I had sex so its just really quite scary how its now been 9 days since the deed was done and my stomach is still cramping and I constantly feel tired. Any advice would be so appreciated.
:hug:

Hi Ligs.

It's generally considered impossible to get symptoms that early because generally pregnancy symptoms are thought to be caused by pregnancy hormone which only starts to build a few days after implantation and implantation takes on average 6-12 days. However, there are some ladies that say they have had symptoms that early. I think there is a school of thought that says the minute the sperm meets the egg the chemistry in your body starts to change and therefore you could start to feel something.

I've never been pregnant so I can only go on my personal experience but I can tell you that my first few months of ttc I had a whole host of new symptoms that I thought I'd never had before and was convinced I was pregnant several times. I think it was a combination of being more aware of my body plus I really do think I've developed some new symptoms but that they don't mean anything.

Looking at your symptoms I would say the cramping and spotting you had on the 4th is due to ovulation. The symptoms you've had since then could be pregnancy related but equally they could just be hormone related. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait and take a test around the time your period is due. Were you on the pill previously?

Good luck.

Hello, thank you for the reply!

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking, hence why i'm so confused as to why its been 9 days since intercourse and every single day I have had cramps, tiredness etc... I've never felt this "off" after intercourse before so thats why I though I would ask on here to see what people think o_O

The spotting was very minor, possibly like 2 drops which actually got me searching online what could be wrong with me and then suddenly I find myself having identical symptoms to "early pregnancy" But yeah I know it may not be this, its just worth taking notice of ha ha.
I am going to test this saturday with an early preg test and then I'll test again 1 week later if I haven't had my period!

I haven't been on the pill in two years :\

I just know what ever symptoms i'm having are not normal to me, what ever it is... there is definitely something happening with my body, but what is the question.

Well that's good if you weren't on the pill, it means your hormones haven't been messed up.

Just one other thought, not wanting to be overly negative, but if you only had sex on the 2nd and you really did ovulate on the 8th that was probably too early. Sperm can last 5-7 days but that is unusual, it is thought that up to 3 or 4 days is the norm, possibly only 2 days. Hopefully you actually ovulated a bit earlier and then you'll be in the right window. Hope it works out.

I think I was on my period on the 23-27th June but I cant be 100% sure.. maybe it was earlier? I have never charted my periods before because I have never "used them" to monitor anything ie: illness, pregnancy etc..

So if it was earlier then yes possibly I did ovulate earlier that the 8th, I guess i'll just have to wait for the test. Its just the cramps and other symptoms which is worrying me as I said i've never felt so shitty after sex before... especially 9 days in a row straight after!

Thank you for your reply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back