confused

Heather85

Reaction score
Right girlies I'm just wondering if anyone else's wee ones have done/are doing this.

Freya is 7 1/2 months. and has always been great at playing by herself.recently she has been having some days where I literally can't put her down without her screaming, or if I leave the room she can start. I put her in her travel cot as a play pen ans she screams blue murder. Some days I can put on some Mickey mouse and she is fine other days she just screams,like today.

I'm hiding down the back of her travel cot eating my breakfast so she can't see me, because the minute she does she starts screaming. Is it just a phase?? X

Is she starting to understand object permanence? For example when she drops something does she look for it? If so the next stage is separation anxiety - ie she understands you can leave her and worries that you won't come back.

J has been doing this the last couple of weeks, although he's not screaming, just grizzling when we leave the room. She probably just wants to keep you close.

Last edited:
Yeah she does, she has a wee toy she plays with in the bath and she goes nuts looking for him if she drops it.

Ahhh I see, do they eventually realise you do come back? She was fine when I was hiding, she eventually stopped crying and was babbling away watching Mickey, then when she clocked me the screaming started again.

Seems to be the travel cot that's the worst xx

Oh yes finn screams all the time if i even move 2 steps away from him! my house is a complete bomb site as i can't get very much done at all! xx

Harry goes through phases - some days he won't leave me alone the whole day but some days he seems happier to play by himself more. I think maybe when they're teething they get more clingy? xx

She is teething t the now, poor wee lamb. Maybe I'm just that awesome she needs me around all the time ;)

But see when she wakes up in the morning she doesn't cry, it's only after you put her down.

E.g other morning she was awake and I could hear her through the baby monitor babbling away quite happy, thought "ten more minutes" oh decides he wants a cuddle before he leaves and picks her up for 1 minute, then starts moaning that she is crying and I need to get up and get her as he has put her down an needs to rush to go to work. There was my wee ten minutes idea ruined. So yeah it's only when you pick her up and leave her, she is fine if she wAkes up and your not there

I think Harry is like that too. If he's playing by himself happily but isn't aware of you, he can stay there for a while on his own, but if he sees you then he wants attention! It's like they suddenly realise 'my mummy is here now and I want her all to myself!' xxx

Yup that's what she thinks. Along with, "what have you got? I want it" xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back