Confused...

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by babyfever, Feb 2, 2012.

1. babyfever

babyfever Well-Known Member

:???::???::???:There are several online free ovulation calenders and each one tells me my OD is different. How accurate are these calenders even after you plug in your last AF:confused: My OPK has not detected a LH surge either....all this is overwhelming. someone please advise....

2. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

I posted something similar a while back.

This month I looked on several different sites and the variations is between 14th - 23rd Feb?? I mean that is quite a big variation.

Some websites allow you to put in your luteal phase (which is the day after you ov to the day before next CD1) and they may be slightly more accurate BUT it's all guess work....

What OPK's are you using?

I used the cheapies last month and got a line CD15 and ov'd CD16

xxxxxxxxxxxx

3. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

Hi honey - it would be a good idea to start charting (recording temperature/CM etc) as this helps you to know what's going on more with your body - I use fertility friend which tells you how to go about it too.. I use IC opks (one step) and use them 2 -3 times a day so as not to miss my surge... Hope this helps - good luck xx

4. melhoney

melhoney Well-Known Member

not sure if that helps, but when I saw the fertility doctor, I asked him about OD, and he said you count back 14 days from your expected AF 1st day and it should be then, more or less 1 or 2 days...
    I have 2 tickers, entered the same info and they are 1 day apart! :wall2:

It's hard enough as it is, why can't it be easier!

Mel x

5. itisbabytime

itisbabytime Well-Known Member

in my opinion, calculators are absolute bull! the cycle day you ovulate is totally variable, only the leutal phase is consistent. try opks or charting to be accurate

6. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

Monitor your temps and cm, your body knows best x

7. babyfever

:)Thank you ladies. I have have starting using the clearblue digital OPK. So far no happy face. I read that taking your temp isn's exactly accurate. That your temp spikes after you ovulate which would be too late. Either way I will be doing the horizontal mambo everyday this week just incase ;)(tmi)

8. itisbabytime

itisbabytime Well-Known Member

opks will predict ovulation as they detect the surge of lh but opks never confirm ovulation. only temping will do this as it will show you the temp shift after ovulation.

if u dont want to chart (which i recomend you do as it will tell you soo much about your body - confirmed ovulation, leutal phase length etc) stay with the opks and get mambo-ing!!!

9. babyfever

thanks itsbabytime...I really need to stop reading all this info on the internet. I get discouraged when I read how your cm is supposed to be this and that, and how sometimes your sexual desire increases when you are about to ovulate. I don't think I have experienced any of that here lately. partly beacuse I want to so much to be pregnant already.....