Confused re due date :((((

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by SophD, Jul 20, 2016.

1. SophD

SophD Well-Known Member

Hi all, Ive just found out im pregnant with my 3rd baby. I came off the pill in January, so my cycles have been all over the place. However, in May i had a normal period. The first day of my period was 25th May. This finished on 30th May. Then apart from spotting, ive not had a proper period since. After using various pregnancy due date calculators, Ive been dated anywhere from 5 weeks-8 weeks! Obviously, Im a little worried, as if I go with the 8 weeks, and i have my 12 week scan and Im 3 weeks behind, they wont be able to scan me. I cant see how i can only be 5 weeks though because of when I had sex... I started a new job end of May, so wasnt in the mood very much! However, 5 weeks just wouldnt add up... But if I based it on the most recent time before finding out i was pregnant, it would be too early to know!! All trivial I know, but could anyone shed any light?? Many thanks :)))))) Should I go maybe somewhere inbetween to be safe? The other problem is, with the pregnancy tests ive done, the test lines have been darker and come up before the control line! Does this signify a slightly further along pregnancy? Helllppp!

2. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Oh no, that's a bit of a conundrum! Would you consider a private scan? They vary from around £50-£100 from what i've seen but it would be the only way to know for sure and it saves you worrying all the way up to your 12 week scan.. Congrats on your pregnancy though! xx

3. LisaD

LisaD Member

What about one of those digi pregnancy tests that tell you how many weeks you are?

4. scn

scn Well-Known Member

It wouldn't matter if you were behind at the 12 week scan if not as far along as your last period suggests, they'll give you another date. Discuss your dates with your midwife when you book in and she'll advise you x

5. GreenMama

GreenMama Member

Doctors get this all the time, if they scan you 3 weeks early baby will be very small and sometimes they like to get you back at 12 weeks and if you are further along then your due date may be slightly less accurate but irrelevant, the baby will come when it comes.

With my 3rd I was 2 weeks less than I thought, which seemed impossible and means I got a BFP long before I should have been, but I was 10 days early so who knows. Good luck xx