Confused by braxton hicks etc......

Dollie

Reaction score
im just struggling to decide what pain is what..... lol!
So i know braxton hicks arent supposed to be painful, occasionally when i touch my bump its solid, a lot harder than usual. Its painless except feels a bit bruised to touch but i dont feel my bump 'contracting'
Then over the last few days particularly yesterday im getting pains under my bump that are like bad period pains that make me double over and take notice acompanied by a deep back ache, like AF is due but worse.
Im confused about what is what??!! I imagined any type of contraction, practice or real, woulm make all my bump tense up but then got told some women dont realise theyre having contractions at first as can be more like period pains until things get into the later stages :dohh:

1st whoever said bh cant be painful are wrong - they can be very painful for some women

labour can start as period type cramps but you will also kinda feel like someone is oushing down on the top of your belly or its starting at the top and moving round and down the sides of your belly.

also they are regular, get closer together and strong so time each pain you get and the length of each one for 1-2 hrs if they stay regular id call hos for adivce but if the time fluctuate its just painful bh

Thanks roxane, im not really worried as theyre not getting regular, any worse etc at the moment. Its just kinda hard to tell whats normal and what i should be keeping an eye on. lol. If i wasnt pregnant i would swear i was about to start a heavy AF, got all the symptoms - cramps, back ache, bloated like i need the loo all the time, and even sore boobs x

Couple weeks ago I had very bad cramping pains that took my breath away and told my friend who is a midwife and she did me a urine test and I had a urinary infection and got anti biotics. The hospital had fobbed me off with 2 paracetamols, she wasn't happy! I was only 27 weeks then, I'm not sure how far you are as on phone but now think it's worth checking things if you think they aren't normal. Xx

i agree with her, i had 2 uti's and thought it was labour the pain was that bad was put on antibiotics twice, completely forgot to mention that u should see if u have that lol

Do the midwives check at your appointments when u take a sample? Or is that just for protein? As i had an appt last week and it was fine x

Dollie, I have been getting this the last couple of days. I get a BH and pain right down low and right low down on my back too... Got 1 every 15 min on Saturday for an hour (so 4) and panicked. MW said baby's head is really low down now and could be pressing against stuff Esp when having a BH they stopped and I had no other signs so just put it down to that. Get them a couple of times a day still though x

Ps I have had my urine tested since they started and it's fine... Always worth getting that ruled out first x

Thanks for that kerry. Is what im feeling BH do you think? x

I had a regular midwife appointment the week before and it was fine then. She said it can come on very quickly- if that helps x

Not sure, to me my bump goes hard and feels like LO is trying to get out through my belly..like you can really feel him just under the skin iykwim? Someone on here said it feels like baby has been shrink wrapped, and I can see what they mean! Also makes me want to wee after lol x

i had my waters tested every visit and it never showed up then bout 2 days after i would be at the hospital and it would be clearas day

dunno if it makes a difference but when my midwife tested it was always a white stick with bout 3 squares on, then i would get tested a day or 2 later at hospital with a really long one that had loads of coloured squares on at it would show up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back