Confused and A little Lost

determined79

Reaction score
Hi All, I've posted on here recently about my worries about conceiving, I'm just not sure if I'm being too impatient and unrealistic. I know there are girls on here that have spent years TTC and I am not trying to belittle that in the slightest. After I cam off the pill last time (in March) I fell pregnant in December, unplanned. I am now ready to try again and came of my pill mid April and have this time been timing my sex with DH up to and including my ovulation dates (have been tracking my menstrual days to work out ovulation windows) and no joy so far. I'm so down about it. My DH has two adult girls with a previous partner and I feel so resentful sometimes, and I hate myself for it, I look at his kids with someone else and it makes me so upset that I am not conceiving. I'm 37 and I feel like I'm never going to be pregnant again. My husband is 46. We like to drink and we are probably marginally overweight, by maybe a couple of kg - does anyone think this would be a major factor to it? Its so strange because I spent most of my life to this point convinced I'd never want to have kids and now I have met the love of my life I cant wait to have a family. Sometimes I feel like I'm going mad and I get sad about the smallest things - Does anyone else feel this way? Just looking for someone to talk to.

I've bought an Ovulation kit form Tesco this week but as of Wednesday no ovulation, I think my ovulation date should be 31st so trying again

Hi,

There's nothing wrong with feeling impatient, As soon as you decide to have a baby you want it NOW, that's natural - I'm the same, I'm 27, on my 2nd cycle and I got annoyed that it didn't happen straight away which is redicolous I know! But it's a natural feeling you just have to give yourself a little talkng to, pick yourself up and move onto the next cycle!
I think stress plays a big role in everything our body does, and most of the time we don't even realise we are stressed - and everybody says 'Just relax, it will happen eventually' and if your like me that drives me mad!! Lol And trying not to stress is a lot easier said then done!
Good to hear you have some ovulation tests, my ovulation date wasn't when the cycle calculator said it supposed to be and only pin pointed it by temping and using ovulation tests so once you know exactly when you've ovulated you'll have a better idea of what's going on! I hope I've helped a little : )

Don't feel bad for wanting something right now! We are all impatient it is only natural when you want something so much. Making sure you dtd regularly throughout your cycle helps, just in case you aren't ovulating when you think you are. As you are 37 you only need to try for 6 months before being able to have tests done to check things are ok, as you have fallen pregnant once already then hopefully it won't be long before it happens again. Most people do fall pregnant within 12 cycles. Chin up and stay positive. I don't think being slightly overweight will matter as long as your diet is good and you are getting all the nutrients you need that is the crucial thing.

Hi, thanks for your kind words. I'm new to OPK so a bit daunted, do you test yourself ever other day around when you think you should be ovulating? I've done a calculator thing so know the general area its in according to that but how often is the right thing? I have Tesco ones where it rely on a line being the same colour f not darker than the control panel ndicator and then you have 24-48 hour window, but if you missed the day(first 24hrs) you f started have you missed your chance? It's a lot to get used to ��

I tested on CD1 to see what my full blown negative looked like as I have irregular periods (33+ days) and then a few days before I expected my surge I started testing every day around 2pm. As soon as my negative went a little darker I started testing at 11am and 4pm and a few days later I got my positive. Followed by serious cramps to one side even lower than normal lower abdominal pains that evening I knew I when I ovulated
Good luck xx

(That was my fist time using OPK's too but I was researching on lots of forums lol)

I bought some cheap opks off the Internet as the two tests you normally get in a packet from the supermarket don't cut it and will work out so much more expensive. Don't trust the ov date on your calendar, perhaps use it as an indicator to start testing every day. I seem to ov several days later than the apps always think.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My periods are generally regular - always between 28-31 days with a 29 day average across the last few months. The calculator said CD 14 and I've been testing myself every other day since CD8 and the line isn't as thick as the test window. I'd hate to miss out by getting it wrong...Its really confusing and hard to follow at first. I never envisaged having to do all this, I guess you get told how easy it is to fall pregnant by missing one pill or forgetting to use protection your expectation gets too built up!!

Thanks Valentina, when you saw the positive OPK did you have sex straight away/same day?

Congratulations on your BFP - Very happy for you :)

I look forward to the day I can celebrate my own

Thanks! Hope you get yours soon hun xx

On the saturday I thought I got my positive. Dtd'd friday evening so was very happy. Sunday morning we dtd'd again and my opk went light so I thought that was it. Then I tested again in the afternoon and got an even darker positive and later that evening I got the one sided cramps. Lasted for about 3 hours.
Wait I think somewhere on this forum there's a picture of my OPK's I'll have a look
Not too sure which DTD did it though lol but didnt need to do it straight away as we had already just before.

Here are my results, before they were all blank and sunday evening I had a line as dark as the last one. Monday they went blank again
OPK's Valentina92

Wishing you all the best and sending over some stkcky bean dust :love:

Oh wow, congrats again Valentina. X

My opinion are only Tesco own brand ones, no AM or PM allowances - when is the best time to do the check? I've been doing every other day from CD8 but lines still faint. Calculators say my fertile days are between now and the 6th? Desperately don't want to miss another chance!
I never thought I would be doing this. Perhaps I've left it a bit late?!

And yes- bring on the baby dust please ��

I bought a load of internet cheapies, (similar to wondfo's) thats why I started testing twice a day

What CD are you on now? Even if you only test once every other day you should see a little shift somewhere, even if it's only the beginning / end of the surge.

x

If you have a regular 28-31 day cycle then your ovulation should still come, I'd start testing once a day if you can around 11/12ish if thats possible. Dont think you'll miss it if you do it then
Xx :love:

Well according to all my dates I've tracked nome steal cycle calculators I'm an average of 29 days. I've tested every other day since cd 8 and result line is still thin and not as bold or dark as the control line. So you think maybe it will be soon? To be fair I've been dtd nightly or every other night for the last week (newlyweds ��) and trying not to be too prescriptive about it. I so desperately want my first child with DH.!

Thankyou for listening to me prattle away, it's nice to feel not alone XX

So I got my surge yesterday I think!! Line went very dark and matched the reference window and it wasnt that way the day before - I DTD on Tuesday evening and again yesterday AM so I hope thats timed right. Guess its a waiting game now see if this is the month!! Any advice on what symptoms or clues you may get to show you have conceived?

Just to annoy us all the symptoms of conception and early pregnancy are virtually the same as pms and the arrival of AF! If you track your symptoms on each cycle you may notice slight changes from your normal that could clue you in. For me the most reliable indicator is temp, but again that will only clue you in right before AF or positive test. Good luck, sounds like your timing was great!

Did you feel any abnormalities after you got the surge, I got mine early afternoon and felt a severe cramp to one side that evening just before I went to bed. Lasted about 2-3 hours.
Anyway the DTD's sound like perfect timing to me. FX'd and :dust: to you. Now the annoying waiting game :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back