Confused about Movements

JensBump

Reaction score
How do you count your 10 movements a day - is it 10 individual movements or 10 different times of the day that there is activity - yesterday baby only moved a bit after lunch and dinner then loads of movements at night about 1am but that was it def not 10 different periods in the day :confused:

I haven't bothered counting yet. The bigger I get I'm lucky if I move 10 times a day lmao. I think it's individual movements but not too sure xxxxxxxx

I've been going for individual movements. I think though the further on you get the less they move as they are a bit pushed for space in there! I'm not getting ten separate episodes of movement in a day, but when she moves, it's for a good ten - fifteen minutes with lots of individual movements, so I'm assuming that is okay. Xx

Hi. It's 10 individual moves a day - could be a kick, wiggle, flutter or anything really. I have a kick chart from labour ward as I was concerned about this to start. They also told me to lie on my back and drink a glass of ice cold water - if there's no movement after that, go in to be monitored. Hope this helps x

Its not just kicks also its general movement, and as you get further along you feel more. My labour ward said its not 10kicks anymore anyway, its if its less than normal as somepeople only get 10 or less on average anyhow xx

10 movements throughout the whole day as baby will have a sleeping pattern now so maybe will be very quiet in morning but active on a night xx

Thanks girls - would you believe that 10 mins after writing this she went mad for about 10 mins LOL they always seem to know how to worry us :)

always the case hun, same if you end up in hospital as they havent moved as soon as u get there they go wriggling like crazy lol xx

i always stop and think that i havent felt her move for a while and so i lie down on my left side, have chocolate and a cold drink and usually within 15 mins i get a kick or wriggle

I dont normally have a problem with movements as she seems to think its fun to remind me, constantly she's still in there!
Wondering though is it if u notice a significant reduce in movement are u ment to ring MW? Even if uv felt a slight movement like a turn? Xx

mummygeorgie; I was told when I went in for reduced movements, it wasn't just less then 10 I was told its anything less then normal, although they do slow down at the end :s Don't know if that helps?
And Its always the case when you worry, post on here or go to hospital they move like mad :) x

I was told it was 10 kicks in 24 hrs that obviously includes when your asleep. I don't count I just keep an awareness of the kicks. Some days are less some are more. Xx

mummygeorgie; I was told when I went in for reduced movements, it wasn't just less then 10 I was told its anything less then normal, although they do slow down at the end :s Don't know if that helps?
And Its always the case when you worry, post on here or go to hospital they move like mad :) x

Yea that helps, thank u. Just keeping an eye/feel on her today as i've usually been kept up through the night after the dreaded loo trips but wasnt last night and i've only had a slight turn today. She's been a very active baby throughout. No doubt she'll start later and make me look like a liar :lol: x

More than likely, always the case isn't it :)
Have you tried the cold drink/chocolate thing? xx

Yep, havin seriously bad pains wich have now spread to my back so she could be geting ready to join us soon (thats what im hoping anyway).. X

Your labour watch next then :D there's usually a calm before the storm isn't there? xxxxxxxxx

Thats what i read so im hoping its that, might go for a waddle soon see if that does anything but she's been a little madam throughout this pregnancy so probably just giving me a little taster :lol: x

I agree with BB, calm before the storm :)
Hope she makes an arrival for you, but if she's been a madam throughout then maybe not. xx

Lol this sounds like me the other day. I was panicking cos id had such a quiet day with babys movements, wrote a post on here and then an hour later he was doing backflips again! Like you i tend to have lots of movements all in one go at certain times of the day then prolonged periods of quietness. As long as you're feeling movements regularly i think thats all that matters xx

Omg I am so worrying :-( bumpy hasn't moved much today so upset I wanna cry :-( he doesn't move and kick for minutes at a time like some of you say, and its never often :-( am I too early ?
I'm gonna try the cold water and hoping just posting will help like you've said
I get so worried! If I listen with dopplers and can hear heartbeat does that mean I can not worry about movements??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back