confused about 2nd trimester

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Tara & Liam, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Hi all

can anyone tell me when your second trimester officially starts. i am 13 weeks + 4. (believe it or not this is my third and i cant remember LOL).

xx

2. Mirra

Mirra Member

At 13 weeks :)

3. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I think it is almost definitely 13 weeks! But i think that the jury is still out on the official start, but I am sure it is 13!, so welcome! :D

4. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Hi Davina

It seems to vary depending on which book/website you're looking at, and also I think which country you are in!!!!

All the UK reading material I have suggests the second trimester starts at 13 weeks. I think Babycenter.com (US website) suggests it starts at 14 weeks. :? No wonder you're confused!!

Anyway congratulations on getting through the first scary 12 weeks! How are you feeling?

LBxx

5. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies.

i am so glad to have moved on into the next trimester. looking forward to getting to the third.

Had my downes test and baby is fine. Has anyone else had the test where they measure the fluid at the back of the neck, i was told that it had to be done by 12 weeks 6 latest. (i had mine done at 12. 5)

xx