Concerned

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Sue Clare, May 29, 2013.

1. Sue Clare

Sue Clare Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,
    Hope you are all well. Max always polishes off a 5-6oz bottle every 2-2.5h during the day,
    but I'm a little concerned as today, he is very sleepy and is barely managing 3oz every 2.5-3oz.
    Do you think I should seek medical advice or could it be that he has just come out of a growth spurt? He's 9 weeks on Saturday xx

2. Lynds77

Lynds77 Well-Known Member

could be that he is starting a leap? Freya used to have 2 very sleep days just before she started a leap. And she always fussed more over her bottles then too.

I think so long as there is no temperature, and they are still ok in themselves when awake then its ok?

3. Sue Clare

Sue Clare Well-Known Member

Can I be totally ignorant and ask what a leap is?
    I should really know seeing as this is my 3rd child! Lol xx

4. Mum2betash

Mum2betash Well-Known Member

I don't really know what a leap is either lol. my lo has done this so many times to me and it worries me every time. She is always back to her normal self though in a couple of days. If everything else is ok I'd try not to worry, but there's no harm in checking with a dr or HV?! Xx

5. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

A 'leap' refers to a developmental leap which is what the Wonder Weeks book refers to as stages of development. Unless you have the book/app you would never know lovelies xx

6. SunnySue

SunnySue Well-Known Member

I dont know a lot about leaps but i believe it is based on a.book called the wonder weeks. Basically it says that your lo has a certain amount of leaps between birth and the age of 2. During these leaps lo is often more fussy, eating less and generally being a bit of a monster! But the idea is that during this time they are learning New skills.
    I wouldnt worry too much though hun, my lo often goes through phases with eating i think some days he is just hungrier than others?
    Sorry i didnt explain myself very well there!
    Good luck, hope he is back to normal tomorrow x