Concern about drinks!

Spiderwoman

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks gone.. went for a scan on Thursday and im sooo excited! :D

Something i'm worried about...

I seem to be only able to drink Red Bull and Coca Cola Cherry..

Is there anything in Red Bull that is damaging/dodgy ? I want to drink a lot of it lol

Ok thanks. Stock up on Cherry Coke then :p

is that not caffeine rich too?

I can't drink tea.. :( Makes me sick :(

sprite and 7up and caffiend free going by the list, you like either of them?

Yep!

Maybe i'll try and get myself addicted to them lol

Oh im on Jaffa Cakes too! :lol: Maybe being pregnant isn't too bad :dance:

I'm only 19 and its my first (obviously) so i'm learning hehehe

Spiderwoman said:
I'm 5 weeks gone.. went for a scan on Thursday and im sooo excited! :D

Something i'm worried about...

I seem to be only able to drink Red Bull and Coca Cola Cherry..

Is there anything in Red Bull that is damaging/dodgy ? I want to drink a lot of it lol

be careful coz this will be picked up in either your 1st lot of bloods or in your urine sample done by midwife.....

avoid red bull.. it's full of chemicals that do much more damage than caffeine... cherry coke is ok... although you might want to be careful with your teeth... You're teeth and gums are very weak during pregnancy...

If you can, get sugar free varieties :) because also your weight will go soaring up with full fat coke.

Anything carbonated is bad for bone development, as it prevents calcium absorption in the bones.

Having the odd glass a day isn't harmful... but if you are constantly drinking it then, yes you won't be doing yourself or your baby much good.

I used to drink ICE cold water during the first couple of weeks as I could only drink cold things, and like you I could have quite easily have drunk coke/red bull constantly..

I usually drink a lot of water but can't face it at the moment, I need fizzy drinks to help the sickness! I'm trying to limit them but am loving low cal ginger ale mmmmmmm

oooh, mandaspice, im the same. Diet vimto is all I want to drink as the thought of water makes me want to hurl tho I know it would be good for me. I have a glass in the morning but thats about it. I ususally drink loads.
red bull tastes so delicious but im avoiding it as I would rather use up my caffine with a coffee. What is that taste in red bull that makes it so lush.

Im craving coke at the moment so have tried the caffiene free one and its really nice. How you can like redbull is beyond me eeegh taste like cough mixture lol maybe the baby wants it to rave it up in your tummy :)

xxx

Steelgoddess said:
Im craving coke at the moment so have tried the caffiene free one and its really nice. How you can like redbull is beyond me eeegh taste like cough mixture lol maybe the baby wants it to rave it up in your tummy :)

xxx

its even nicer with its good friend Mr Smirnoff. Obviously not while pregnant. :roll: :rotfl:

lauramumof2 said:
Steelgoddess said:

xxx

its even nicer with its good friend Mr Smirnoff. Obviously not while pregnant. :roll: :rotfl:

thats just plain mean lol!!!

xx

I'm now on pure smooth orange juice and sprite or 7up zero. No caffeine, sugar or preservatives in it :D

I've stopped on the red bull :) Can't stand tea at the moment... I try but i cant lol Horrible because i love tea normally :(

i dont mind red bull and vodka, but after a heavy night of drinking it, you wake up with such evil breath, smells like a cat come and pissed in your mouth while you were asleep :rotfl:

I got told 1 energy drink a day is ok (red bull) i drunk it a couple of times a week with my last 2 pregnancys and they are both fine.
i think as long as you dont drink loads and loads its fine.
i drink it every so often now too (most of the time im drinking water)

The craving for an energy drink may be because you're lacking energy, your LO may be taking it all from you, so maybe try some energy boosting snacks and see if the craving goes? I'm addicted to Coca-Cola so completely understand that need :oops: but I think if you at least equal it with water, then you should be fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

try and drink diet of whatever you have.....

I have been drinking full fat coke etc for about 1-2 months now and now I have a big lardy bum to prove it :? Ive switched to diet :lol:

I have one drink of full fat coke a day max, somedays I don't have it at all and just live off water. I have pepsi max in the fridge as well. I craved coke with my son but only one of those 500ml bottles had to have one a day or I'd be going mad :lol: weird pregnancy isn't it?

Luckily I have always hated red bull so I haven't had any cravings for that, but I've had the jaffa cake one too, especially at the start.

My new one is for banana milkshake, I didn't like it before at all though.

A x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back