Conceiving a girl

Reaction score
Hi :) I’m a mum to 2 gorgeous boys (One’s 4, one’s 9 months) and we’ve decided to Try for our third (and last!). Seeing as we have two boys we’d love a little girl, and I’m just wondering if anyone has any tricks to conceive a girl? Just for fun really. I’ve had 3 losses so I’ll be absolutely blessed regardless of the sex :)

Have you heard of the Shettles method? Dr Shettles claims to be able to increase the chances of one sex over another.
I have 3 boys and we are seriously considering trying for our 4th (and final) baby. We would also love a girl, but if we have a boy we will still be extremely happy. I'll see if i can include some screen shots I took of the shettles method

Screenshot_2020-01-03-21-03-50.png Screenshot_2020-01-03-21-04-21.png Screenshot_2020-01-03-21-04-31.png Screenshot_2020-01-03-21-04-58.png

I have two boys and expecting a girl. We never tried to sway at all as this baby was a lovely accident. But according to a lot of methods (possibly the same as mentioned above) having sex days before you ovulate increases your chances of a girl. This was true for us! As long as you’re ultimately happy for either sex there’s no harm in giving some of the theories a try xx

A conceived a baby girl in a cycle where I only had sex once about 3 days before ovulation so there could be some truth to it!

It's certainly interesting, but like you say as long as your happy to have a boy or a girl then there's no harm taking a light hearted view to it and give it a go x

It's more to do with genetics than timing. Some men make a much higher volume of boy or girl sperm. In saying that it only takes one so hopefully it works! xx

Hey I’m part of a Facebook group for a method called the ‘babydust method’ which claims it has a 94% effectiveness for conceiving the gender you want. If you look on amazon you can order a small book about it but I just joined the Facebook group and got the general idea of it. It claims to be better than shettles. The basic rules are that you track suing opks for about 3-6 months and when you know for sure when you ovulate you have sex once a month 3 days before ovulation for a girl and if you want a boy 24 hours before ovulation and 48 hours after. You aren’t supposed to have sex any other time of the month or risk upsetting the balance of pH etc. I’ve been a member of the group about a year and was totally sceptical but in all the time I’ve been watching whenever someone has truly followed the method they seem to be successful ‍♀️

I tried it for my current pregnancy anyway so we’ll see!

Thanks :) with our 2 boys we've always tried every 2 days from after AF until a day or so after ovulation, so you'd think it'd be pretty equal I guess (old girl sperm, new boy sperm all waiting). Not trying on the day of ovulation seems so wrong to me as we might miss our chance
icon_sad.gif

Well I do seem to be crazy fertile but I got pregnant in 2014, 2017 and 2019 all by sex that happened 2-3 days before ovulation. Only my baby in 2016 was sex on ovulation day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back