Concealing bump from friends and family in the 1st trimester

MrsCK

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks pregnant and I have already noticed that my stomach has started bloating. This week my work trousers and skirts were pretty tight and I had to undo my buttons as they were digging in.

We've decided not to tell anybody about the pregnancy until after the 12 week scan. My problem is if I continue to put on weight early in the pregnancy then my work clothes in particular will be too small very soon as they are already tight.

I don't want to waste money buying bigger sizes now and then having to buy maternity clothes in a couple of months time.

Is it too soon to buy maternity clothes and if not will they still fit in a few months time?

I need to try and conceal my growing bump from work colleagues and friends and family for the next 8 weeks.

What did you ladies do or any suggestions?

Yes you could buy maternity trousers now, under bump might be a better idea although I bought some over bump leggings quite early on and they have grown with me! Won't harm to have a little try on in your local new look or wherever near you sells maternity wear xx

Just make sure you have longer tops that hide the stretchy bits orpickets as if not maternity trousers are a dead giveaway!

Most will be bloat and will ho away late tri one to be replaced with proper bumpage but hopefully your colleagueswouldnt dare ask, even if they think it!!

Hair bands in jeans button holes work well or wear a baggier top ones, im not big bumped and am still wearmy jeans but they were never skinnifit lets say i just dont need my belt now.

Cant wait to buy some skini leg mat trousers

Oh and matt trousers you buy your normal dress size eg 12 etc and they should fit you all the way through

Definifely wouldn't go with maternity wear just yet - apart from giving you away, it will prove costly when you have to buy it several times to keep up with your expanding bump!! Maybe get something with a soft stretchy waste band? Or use the hair bad tied in the buttonhole trick. And wear long, loose fitting n floaty tops. I found a waterfall cardi was good for the first tri cos it floated around enough to hide my belly and when sitting you can wrap it round you to hide! Also if you're on Facebook you might find some maternity stuff on your local secind hand page. Will save a lot of money but do the job!
Oh the sneaky things we have to do to get through tri 1!! Lol

I was wearing maternity jeans in tri 1! My waist really thickened out quite quickly early on. I don't think people noticed my belly getting bigger, it was more people noticed me patting it all the time that gave it away!! I bought cheapo trousers and stretchy tops the size up and got a good few months out of them. Cardigans were also my friend!

I haven't even got a slight bump yet and I'm at week 9. There are lots of fashionable tops and cardies now that are baggy and should cover a bump. Either way, until you get a big bump they probably won't even notice. Tell them you've had a little too much to eat! lol

Like the other ladies said, lots of long tops, cardi's and leggings etc. I kept mine hidden from work colleagues until 16 weeks!! As soon as I told them they couldn't believe they hadn't noticed!

I am 4 weeks pregnant and I have already noticed that my stomach has started bloating. This week my work trousers and skirts were pretty tight and I had to undo my buttons as they were digging in.

We've decided not to tell anybody about the pregnancy until after the 12 week scan. My problem is if I continue to put on weight early in the pregnancy then my work clothes in particular will be too small very soon as they are already tight.

I don't want to waste money buying bigger sizes now and then having to buy maternity clothes in a couple of months time.

Is it too soon to buy maternity clothes and if not will they still fit in a few months time?

I need to try and conceal my growing bump from work colleagues and friends and family for the next 8 weeks.

What did you ladies do or any suggestions?

i feel for ya as i had this exact same problem! lol
unfortunately if your going to grow early , baggy clothes and leggings will only hide so much. over the bump leggings have been a god send to me :)
at just 6-8 weeks people were starting to notice my tummy as i have always been slim and i bloated straight away , the only thing i kept saying was that i had put on weight ! haha
you will find that most people will not want to pop the 'are you preggers question' well not to your face anyway lol because they are too embarrassed about what answer your going to give.
my advise would just be play dumb to the questions and say 'no iv just put weight on' lol its got nothin to do with people who you dont want to share your news with yet:) x

If you're feeling devilish, you could put a hurt face on and say 'oh, I know I've been pigging out a bit lately, but I really didn't think it was that noticeable', then slink away looking depressed. Would serve the nosey buggers right for asking.

Hehe. I'm in a mischevious mood today.

If you're feeling devilish, you could put a hurt face on and say 'oh, I know I've been pigging out a bit lately, but I really didn't think it was that noticeable', then slink away looking depressed. Would serve the nosey buggers right for asking.

Hehe. I'm in a mischevious mood today.

haha love this! x

Baggy tops are your friend!

I went for 2 job interviews at 24 weeks and was offered both of them...they had no idea I was pregnant! I certainly had a bump too! They weren't even suspiscious! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back