Completely & utterly fed up!

Leah04x

Reaction score
I know it's not his fault because he's poorly, but Ethan has been a such hard work day & night. He spends most of the day crying and is up the majority of the night too.

My OH is about as useful as a bloody chocolate teapot! I don't feel supported at all the the moment and its really getting me down :( that and the lack of sleep isn't helping as I'm lucky to be getting 3 or 4 hours a night.

He thinks that because he goes to work, he doesn't have to do much else. He sees Ethan for about 2 hours after he comes home from work and within 30mins hes moaning about how Ethan's crying/whinging is getting on his nerves (baring in mind I've looked after E for 12 hours that day). I can't remember the last time he fed Ethan and changes him bum occasionally.

Ethan had a horrendous night last night and was waking every half an hour up until 2:30am and then from 2:30-5:30 crying constantly and refused to sleep. He then had an hours sleep and woke for the day at 6:30am. OH has to be up for work at 8am and works until 4pm, so I don't wake him in the night unless absolutely necessary. At 5am this morning, I was really struggling with Ethan, I could barely keep my eyes open and was nearly in tears trying to settle ethan. I woke OH up (after he'd been asleep since 10pm the night before!) to see if he could have a go to settle him. His reply was 'what you expecting me to do? I've got work in the morning' then started snoring his tits off again! :shock:

He's informed me that tonight, he will be stayin at his mums so he can get a good night sleep! He retracted this and said he was joking after I hit the roof..

I'm just about ready to throw in the towel! I can't do this anymore :(

Xx

Massive hugs Hun, it's so bloomin tough when they are ill!!

As you know C is also generally contented but he has a cold and a cough at the mo and is such a misery at times it is so draining and has really got to me. C spent the whole of last week sleeping on me, and that was still a really light sleep where he was waking every hour. I just took to sitting with my boobs out so he could help himself and go back to sleep!!

To top it all off hubby and I had full blown arguments pretty much every day last week and upon reflection it was all down to sleep deprivation- we hardly argue we just normally ignore each other!!

Hubby also has the attitude that as he works he needs a full nights sleep which is 12-5 for him?? But I had a discussion with him on Friday as I was a walking Zombie. What annoys me the most is that my mum is willing to help for a night but hubby says that we can handle it between us??

I hope Ethan feels better so sweetie and that you get some sleep.

I am sure Ethan will be back to his beautiful self soon.... I am a keep dado and keep looking at smiley pics of C to get me through this patch!! Xx

Aww hun :hugs: I really hope he's better soon. Being a mummy is tough, and I'm a firm believer in that being a mummy is very different and a lot harder work than being a daddy! It'll all get better soon and you'll have your happy wee boy back! Xxx

Last edited:
I sympathise hun as sofia has been the same the last week and im totally physically and mentally exhausted and i feel bad as im snapping at my older 2 and its all down to lack of sleep.shes been so whingy and fussy its driven me mad and its so draining xxx

Aaw bless you Hun, I really hope he's better soon and you get some rest. It's bloody tough being sleep deprived. Everything is hard work. Just try to get some sleep during the day when Ethan is asleep. I did that the other day and felt so much better! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back