Complete loss of appetite

Jolly81

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm actually referring to me, not Babba!! Since he was born (and it was a very traumatic week) I've had a complete loss of appetite. I'm eating 3 meals a day and actually using it to my advantage and following slimming world to lose weight for my wedding in 6 months.

However in starting to wonder if this is usual after childbirth (in bottle feeding) or if it's still down to the stress of his birth?

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm literally forcing myself to eat and don't enjoy any meal, yet before he was born I had the worlds biggest appetite!

Not really a complaint as I do need to lose weight, but I just don't care about eating anymore.

Just to reiterate, I am eating and having my 3 meals a day :)

I'm the same (bottle feeding too) and was after my 1st DS too. I was poorly after Jack due to gall stones so lived on soup until e was 4 mths okd then had my all bladder removed. My appetite returned so i put it down to that. This tine i've had no health problems but never get hungry. I'm sure it's normal and our appetites will be back eventually x

I'm definitely not eating as much as I was when I was pregnant...but I did probably eat a little too much during that time!

I think as long as you are eating healthily and are getting 3 meals a day and drinking lots of water - and most importantly, feeling well in yourself, you are probably fine!

Speak to your GP or HV though, if you do have any concerns xxx

I'm eating a lot less too. By the time I've fed, changed, fed again, calmed Evan down etc I've forgotten to eat. I'm lucky if I get breakfast but then if Evan is good I won't get up til gone 10. Can't remember what my appetite was like before I was pregnant, but making sure I eat when I can as am bf.

A baby takes up so much energy you need to make sure you are fuelling yourself xx

Hey - I'm eating twice as much as when I was pregnant! I am breastfeeding but I just can't stop eating all day long.
In some ways it sounds like a good thing you aren't eating too much especially with your wedding coming up so soon. Just wondering how you are feeling in yourself? I'd say as long as you are feeling ok and have enough energy to look after Freddie then eating less shouldn't be a problem xxx

I had the exact same...complete loss of appetite for the first few weeks after giving birth! And it was totally not like me! I just couldn't finish meals...was hardly eating anything in the day!! I've eventually got it back although I would say I eat less than I did before but that's purely down to having the time & remembering to eat lol!

xxx

Ah good! It sounds like it's fairly common to not fancy eating anything!!! I'm not really too worried, but I am still having some scary flashbacks from my time in hospital (I'm sure we all are!!) and I wasn't sure if it was just that, or if it's normal anyway to feel like this.

I'm definitely taking advantage of it and eating mega healthily!!! :) x

I had no appetite for months. My boyfriend and mum were literally force feeding me. Its normal everyone says xx

tapatalking

Must just be me then that literally can't stop eating lol. I just never feel full and eat all day long.

I think you will soon forget your time in hospital (hopefully), hope you are recovering well. You'll be ready for your wedding in no time with all this healthy eating. xx

Ah good! It sounds like it's fairly common to not fancy eating anything!!! I'm not really too worried, but I am still having some scary flashbacks from my time in hospital (I'm sure we all are!!) and I wasn't sure if it was just that, or if it's normal anyway to feel like this.

I'm definitely taking advantage of it and eating mega healthily!!! :) x

I know a few ladies on here are saying a loss of appetite is normal, but it along with the flash backs you describe can be a sign of post natal depression. Can you speak to your HV or GP at all? Don't be afraid to mention to them how you're feeling. I had a horrid time when my son was born, and as a result felt like crap for a long time afterwards. I'm so glad I got help from my GP. I was given anti-depressents, but was also offered CBT which has given me an opportunity to talk about the birth. I've found just that has helped loads.

I have had loss of appetite and then thought "ooo I'll join slimming world" and now since I know I cant have certain things etc. I'm hungry lol.

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

I was exactly the same for quite a while, I didn't fancy anything and my husband had to force me to eat! It will pass eventually, just make sure you keep your energy up and be good to yourself. X

I'm the same the thought of meals makes me feel sick I've not eaten for days now I'm at the docs tomoz because I feel so rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back