Complaining

Haylian

Reaction score
Do you ever feel that things other people say make you complain? Example......

Person: How you feeling Hayley?
Me: I'm not too bad thanks, taking every day as it comes.
Person: I bet you're struggling in this heat aren't you? I am so can't imagine how you're coping
Me: well yeah it's quite tough and I'm not sleeping and I have heartburn and I get up to pee every hour............ Begin full on rant!

I can't just get away with sounding ok, they always push for more info lol

Does anyone find this? X

I think there is a bank of questions that people ask pregnant women as standard.

When are you due?
How long have you got? (It drives me mad if this question is asked along with 'when are you due?'
Is it a boy or girl?

and now it's so hot

I bet you're finding the heat difficult.

It makes you feel like they want your story of misery so that they can feel better. I almost feel like saying 'actually, I'm quite liking the heat and no it's not causing me any discomfort' just so I can see the look of confusion on their faces.

Ha I might try that one next time, although the fact I look lathered constantly may not convince them :)

I've had the sympathetic "oh you must be really struggling in the heat" bit a lot today and I love being able to say no, I'm loving the sunshine and I'm making the most of it! Most people have been quite suprised.
For example I'm all snuggled up under my duvet now as I was too cold (but I also have severe nausea and the shivers so I think I'm coming down with something!)

Xx

I'm absolutely jealous that you're cold! Hope you're not getting poorly tho x

Haha I hate the generic questions too! Always ends in me moaning.

I'm sick of the.. what are you having? I now say either a baby or a human being lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Everywhere I go people ask me the same questions and I reply with the same answers! They all ask when I'm due then say something like 'Oooo could be any time then' and I always say 'yes, hopefully tomorrow'! In my head I scream but I've literally run out of things to say to strangers!! I think its that thing where people feel they have to mention it when they see a pregnant person! Xx

I'm the same, it really irritates me. But I know before I was pregnant, pregnant women really interested me and I asked the dreaded questions haha xx

When I was past my due date I had some old dear on the checkout asking when I was due. I just turned round and said I'm not pregnant (despite being the size of a house!) Soon shut her up!

Ohhhh this drives me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant stand people asking stupid questions that they know will turn into me having a moan.. for them to then turn around and say im being impatient and 'ohh here u go again moaning' 'hell arrive when hes ready' ....... :shock:

The whole being over due and getting asked daily about 7 times by different people 'any signs?' 'how u feeling?'

Im turning into a very horrible women lol!
and if i dnt update my status on FB for half a day i get texts ARE YOU IN LABOUR!?? YOUR NOT ONLINE!!??

:shock: EFF OFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might just be me being pessimistic but I think it is a bit of that schadenfreude syndrome, people almost like to see other people struggling or not coping because it makes them feel better

I usually ramble on about hating the heat before anyone asks :p That's at work. Nooooo strangers ever say anything to me. I've told a few cashiers as I like telling people. I guess my bump hasn't been that obvious for long. People at work all ask when I'm due then immediately comment on how small I am for that stage. Yawn.
Xx

Do you ever feel that things other people say make you complain? Example......

Person: How you feeling Hayley?
Me: I'm not too bad thanks, taking every day as it comes.
Person: I bet you're struggling in this heat aren't you? I am so can't imagine how you're coping
Me: well yeah it's quite tough and I'm not sleeping and I have heartburn and I get up to pee every hour............ Begin full on rant!

I can't just get away with sounding ok, they always push for more info lol

Does anyone find this? X

ha ha this made me laugh - yes i am so the same wish i could just say yes am fine when its obvious i am not, i look tired, hot and fat!! so then i ramble on and start sounding all negative and hate it!!

i was in such a foul mood yesterday and went docs for gaviscon and this lady said ' i bet u are really struggling' i actually think i ignored her how rude !!

i swore i wouldn't moan being pregnant but i am so there !!

Aww u can't win whatever u reply had a man a few weeks ago say you aren't going to give birth in the lift are you and I replied but iv already started contractions his face was a picture I then laughed and said no I have a few weeks to go yet. The relief on his face mwahaha but to be honest make a silly comment.....

i told u the lady in homebase on saturday asked if i was a week overdue WTF

I'm glad it's not just me, my patience is already wearing thin so God knows what I'll be like near the end x

I saw a funny picture going around Facebook of a pregnant lady who had a vest with the words:

Yes, I'm Pregnant.
It's a boy.
I'm due in August.
No you can't touch my belly.
Any more questions?

Made me laugh. I think I'll have one saying:

I'm due in August.
We don't know the gender.
No I'm not particularly enjoying this heatwave.
Don't speak to me.

lol noone asks me, i think they assume im just fat since i dont waddle or stick out that much :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back