Coming off the pill!

Ns88

Reaction score
Hi!

I stopped taking my pill 7 months ago and have not yet had a regular cycle. Firstly, is this normal? I went to see my nurse and she said it would take a while but there was no reassurance. Secondly, as my cycle is irregular how do I know when the right time to conceive is?

Any advice and reassurance would be great :) i

Not sure about the pill, but ive heard it can take anywhere up to 18 months.... You can temp and use OPKs hope this helps xx

Yes it's normal for it to take a while. It took 6 months for mine to regulate
And I conceived the following month. Luckily I came off it a while before we started ttc as I knew it could mess with my cycle. I'm not going back on it!!! Everyone is different though-I know someone who conceived first month off the pill.
I would download the ovia fertility app and input your last 3 periods - I will give you a rough "fertile" Window to help you but basically you won't know when you are going to ovulate so your going to have to have sex every 2-3 days all month :) xx

HI Ns88!

I'm just off the pill too. I stopped at the start of the year, had my withdrawal bleed, then a 29 day cycle and nothing since. I'm on day 55 now :(

Maybe you could use OPKs? If you buy them on Amazon they're cheap enough to use once a day even with long cycles, and when it starts to get pretty dark you could even use them twice a day to make sure you don't miss your LH surge!

Good luck, I hope we both get sorted soon. I've never ever looked forward to a period but I am at the moment. Just so I can say something is happening ha ha.

Yes it can definitely take a while and I think it also depends how long you were on it for. A few of my friends and I came off it around the same time and all took differing lengths to either conceive or return to 'normal' x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back