coming off the pill

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Nemo, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Nemo

Nemo Member

Hi everyone!

I went off the pill 2 months ago and have not had a period yet. I know it can take 3-6 months for your body to get "back into the swing of things", but when I should have had my period I had the regular cramping signs, but only brown sticky discharge for 2 days...thann, 20 days later, i had the same thing again, for 1 day. Has anyone experienced this or know what it could be?

I am not pregnant...went to see the dr and had a PT.

thanks! :lol:

2. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

It sounds that as short as it was, that was your "period".

Periods have many shapes and sizes (excuse the analogy) especially after a change to your body such as coming off the pill.

I would imagine that in the next few months your periods should start to become more "normal" or what you would expect from a period so don't worry!

3. Nemo

Nemo Member

Thanks for the reply! Well, that's good news than, if it was my period than that means I am ovulating during my cycle, right?

4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it means that everything is working 100% yet, but I would imagine it means that everything is starting to work and get back to "normal".

I'm no expert but that's how I would look at it, your body is re-asserting itself and things are starting to happen again. Which is good :D

5. Nemo

Nemo Member

Okay. Thanks! :)

6. Nemo

Nemo Member

Well, I finally got a regular period on Saturday, PMS and all. In a way I am relieved because now I can track my ovulation.

7. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Oh I'm glad for you!

Sometimes our bodies take their time but they do get back to normal eventually. :D

8. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Hi

I don't know if I'm weird or lucky but my periods seemed to be normal straight away after coming off the pill?? Does anyone know if they could become weird 4 months later? I think I am getting PG symptoms, but I guess it could just be my body going mad?

Any advice would be great

Kim X