Coming Off The Pill - Symptoms To Expect

ToriElla

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I thought it might be good if people who have come off the pill post their symptoms.

I've been off the pill for almost one month and have had:

dizziness
headaches
mild cramps and twinges
bloated feeling
spotting

I think i'm due on wednesday but my cycle is probably all over the place.

Vicky xx

Hi Vicky

I don't know if I am just very lucky but I didnt seem to have any symptoms when I came off the pill. Everyone is different though.

Kim xx

I'm not sure if they could be pregnancy or if it is the pill so i just wondered what other people are experiencing. :?

Hi,

I'm in same situation as I'm not sure if the symptoms I've got are the pill related (came off it mid feb) or if pg. I am feeling really bloated, stomach very hard as well with cramps particularly lower down or at the side, nausea sometimes when i wake up and then in the evening, and tired. I'm 3 days late now for af - but still not sure if it could be the pill but would love to here if anyone's had similar symptoms??

Sheree

I came off the pill in late March. I have had a lot of the pregnancy symptoms as well. I don't know if it is me REALLY wanting to be pg, if I am pg, or just coming off the pill. There was about a week that I just KNEW I was pg, but it appears as if that happens to a lot of women who want so badly to be pregnant. I'm expecting AF on Wednesday, but who knows since this will be my first cycle without the pills.

Hi all

I too was convinced I was PG last month, I had bloating and cramps too, I came off the pill in December so dont know if will still be in my system. I dont remember any symptoms when I first came off the pill but because I wasnt trying so hard to conceive I dont think I would have noticed!!

Kim xx

I've been feeling really hungry today and my stomach feels uncomfortable. Sounds as if we're all in the same boat.

Christina - we seem to be in the exact same position. i stopped pill at around the same time as you and i'm due tomorrow. If you don't get af are you going to test?

Kim - hopefully you'll get a BFP soon!! I've felt convinced i was pregnant once before but i wasn't and it's a horrible feeling. keep us posted!!

xx

Hi everyone

I came off the pill at the end of February - my symptoms were: bloating, cramps and being very emotional!

For a couple of days I did wonder if I was pg because I was so used to the regular cycles whilst being on the pill.

Babydust to all x

Lucy

Vicky,

I am expecting AF on Wednesday, 4/20. However, that is based on a cycle of 28 days which is probably not very reliable since this is my first month off the pills. But to answer your question... yes, I am going to test but I don't know if I should wait until later in the week (like maybe Friday). What about you...are you going to test? If so, keep us all posted on the results. Hopefully a BFP for everyone!!!

Christina

I was due today but no sign of af. I was going to wait a while to test but i've been feeling really funny today and yesterday and i feel like there is a good possibility that i'm pg.

will it be ok to test first thing in the morning? or do you think its pointless and i should wait?

Alot of the PG tests say to test from the first day of your af so if you were due today then you should get a true result. You can also buy First Respopnse tests which detect 4 days before your af is due.

Good Luck ..... let me know how you get on

Hi all

I tested today as i was due 5 days ago but BFN. I used one of the Predictor tests - do you know if these are reliable? Eveno I still have the severe bloating, cramps lower down and feeling generally ill (had my head over the toilet mins this morning even though never actually being sick - just feeling it). I really want to be pg, along with all you girls, but I was really disappointed when only the 1 red dot showed tonight.

Good luck to you all
Sheree

Hi everyone!

I was impatient and decided to go ahead and test with a First Response today. Still had a BFN, but no signs of AF. Guess it will be soon:( Good luch to everyone!!!!

Christina

Hi

I took my last pill on the 13th... have had withdrawal bleed for last 4 days accompanied by a headache on and off for 3 days.

As I've been on the pill for 9 years since I was 18 I only have vague memories of what a real visit from AF is like. I'm hoping I don't revert back to my old cycle of 40 days! that makes ovulation come round less often! longer to wait if you don't catch mr egg.

I can't wait for a few more weeks to go by to see if I get a visit from AF or if I get any ovulation symptoms

Good luck everyone for a BFP :)

Angela

Hi everyone,

I tested tonight and got BFN. But i'm not sure whether i am or not because my symptoms are so much like pregancy.I'll just have to test again in a few days if af doesn't come.

Vicky xx

Hi,

Thats what happened to me. I tested BFN on Wednesday even though i was late then. I still haven't started af and its nearly a full week now (tomorrow). I've been to the doctors tonight and advised me to have a blood test whih I have to take now on Monday (office now closed).

I did ask whether the bloated feeling was all due to the pill and he said unlikely and more probably a water infection which i'm being tested for.

Good luck to you - please let me know if you test again or go to the doctors.

Sheree

Hi
I came off the pill quite a few years ago now, have been using condoms as contraception for the duration after as was not trying to conceive, just wanted to give my body a rest from the pill. I cannot remember having any weird symptoms to be honest, apart from it just took a while to get my body into a proper cycle again.

Good luck to you all

nicki
xx

6 days late now. i tested when i was 3 days late and it was BFN. When do you think i should test again?

Hi Shez,
You said that you took a test. I does not matter what type of test you take chick, As they all have the same density to test for that certain hormone in your body. The test I took I paid £2.49 for and I have found It just as reliable as one that will have cost £10.00. Keep in touch. And if your still not sure with the test go to your docs and you can guarantee that you will get the right result from there!
Love Dani x

I came off the pill a few years ago having been on it for years, the only symptoms I got were the return of period pain and dizziness, which I still get around the first couple of days of my period

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back