Coming off pill to try

Discussion in 'Waiting to Try' started by nightmarewings, May 24, 2013.

1. nightmarewings

nightmarewings Active Member

Hiya. Me and my husband are goin to try for a baby next year. I'm just wondering when would be best to come off the pill? I've just got anothe 6 months worth.

But I worry that I could get pregnant on it. My husband would love for me to be pregnant now but w just can't do it in a studio flat.

2. Roxpeake

Roxpeake Active Member

Technically you can conceive the first month after coming off, I did so if your not ready I'd wait and come off when your ready :)

3. miss_soldier

miss_soldier Well-Known Member

I'm planning to try next year aswell about September time so I'm just going to come off pill in September next year as last time I fell pregnant very quickly after stopping the pill. I'm going to start taking folic acid about June July time next year, every little helps! Xx

4. stephdev

stephdev Member

I am going to throw a spanner in the works here and say ASAP! Heres my story and then you might understand better! came off the pill and it took me 30 days to get my cycle back so I was delighted thinking that my cycle was going to be perfect straight away! I'm afraid NOT!!!!! I have been using a Baby-Comp as birth control and that very intelligent machine is after informing me that I am having anovulatory cycles now! So my cycle is faking being back but I'm not ovulating I'm just getting a light regular bleed which is not counted as a period! BUMMER!!! So this has been the case for 6 months now!!

You have to think about it this way. Firstly you need to let your body have time to get back into the swing of things because you have not had a cycle in a while. Secondly your womb is a very hostile, thin and hard place because of the pill (that is its third function) so you need to have a few cycles to make it thick and healthy again.

Hope this may have been of some help!

5. Mrs_T

Mrs_T Well-Known Member

Be prepared that when you come off the pill you are likely to have every pregnancy symptom under the sun - i wasted 6 pregnancy tests as I didn't know this! Wish I'd used condoms until my first period now. Good luck! Xxx

6. mylullaby

mylullaby Well-Known Member

Hi ladies. Quick question - if I'm coming off the pill in December (last pack will be early December) do you think I should start taking folic acid soon?