Comfort Milk - when to wean?

Chezza

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

A question for those of you who gave their little ones comfort milk!

I was told by GP /HV that babies "normally" grow out of colic at about 12 weeks and I wondered if I should start weaning JJ off the comfort milk or if I stick with it until we move to follow on formula at 6 months?

Thoughts / experience please!

Thank you xx

Personally id stick with it if it works for you. If you switch him and the colic symptoms come back you would need to go back to comfort milk? So therefore unnecessary change. The comfort milk is as nutritionally complete as any other formula. You dont even need to go onto follow on if you dont want to. My baby has been on 9 different formulas in 9 months and it really isnt great for them to be swapping. Well, thats what our paediatrician told us but we had no choice but to keep trying different ones. Xx
tapatalking

We have stayed on the comfort milk and am only now at 12 months gonna start taking him off it, altho we did introduce a bottle a day at 6 months of the follow on milk, but a lot of babies apparently don't like having the different milks.

If your LO has improved on comfort milk, I wouldn't bother changing until you really needed to.

I don't know about comfort milk, but my son has anti-reflux milk and it says it can be used until baby is 12 months. So we will keep him on it as long as he takes formula.

Great - thanks so much all of you, I'll just keep him on it :) xx

We stuck with comfort milk til about 4 or 5 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back