Combined test results.

rach4910

Reaction score
Hi all,
I had my 12 week scan and combined screening 2.5 weeks ago. I was told I would be called if high risk but told them I would be on holiday. Anyway, whilst we were away I had a missed call from an unknown number a week after scan but no message left and no other calls. I came back from holiday today expecting to have results in post but nothing.....
Im now beside myself that something is wrong which is why a letter hasn't been sent and that when they realised on my notes I was away that they then didn't bother trying to ring.
I can't even contact anyone as its the weekend!
Anyone any advice?
X

Oh bless you, I can imagine exactly how you're feeling.. Unknown numbers are so frustrating but i'd be really surprised if it was them and they didn't leave a message, especially with it being about something so important. Just seems odd that they'd get your voicemail and then hang up, would be very unprofessional.. Try try try not to panic, I know it all seems to fit and seems too coincidental but it won't do you any good worrying all weekend. Is the ultrasound (or relevant) unit definitely not open during the weekend? Only say that as I have a scan tomorrow.. Really hope it's all just innocent and your letter hasn't been sent out yet, sending love and calming thoughts xxx

I can imagine it too! Try really hard not to panic, they can be really slow at getting results posted out, it took over 3 weeks for mine. Would be very odd for them not to have tried again or not to have left a message. I would do as suggested above, if you can't get through then perhaps contact midwives as they might be able to put your mind at rest? Hope you are ok lovely, worrying will do you no good x

It took ageeeees for mine to come through, nearly 5 weeks I think and I was in a total panic too. Try not to worry, they wouldn't have just left it if there was an issue. They'd prob have sent a letter asking you to contact them x

Thanks so much ladies for your replies.
My mum said they may not have left a message due to confidentiality but surely they would have just said please can you ring the hospital. Tried to keep myself busy today. Will be ringing them first thing tomorrow. Hadn't told many people yet as was waiting for the results. I hate this roller coaster of emotions. My first pregnancy was uneventful and enjoyable! You'd think second time round would be easier too!

Oh noo, I agree the second is so much worse! I'm almost 10 weeks with my second and i've been a total nervous weeck throughout.. My first was lovely, I was in ignorant bliss about everything! Hope you manage to get hold of them.. And yes I recently missed a call from the hospital and they left a message saying to call back.. Good luck lovely xx

If there is an issue they would have rang within the first 3 days. That's what its like here. They told me if I hadn't heard anything by phone call up to a week after than you should be low risk and will receive confirmation in the post x

Turns out they didn't trying because I was on holiday. Spoke to someone this morning and I have been classed as high risk. Feeling numb at the moment

Sorry to hear you are high risk. What is your actual risk factor? Don't forget they class 1:200 as high risk. That is still a 99.5% chance all is fine. Even 1:10 is a 90% all os okay. MC risks in 1st tri were much higher than that.

Oh I'm so sorry sweet :( As Bunny said though the odds are still very much in your favour.. I hope you get all the answers and support you need xxx

Oh no. What a worry for you, Yes as the others said, High risk combined doesn't mean there is certainly something wrong. Fingers crossed x

Thanks all. Risk was 1:110 for Down's syndrome. Went and had the extra blood test today sometimes called Harmony test, so now another 7 working days to wait. All I seem to do at the moment!

Sorry to hear that :( hopefully all is ok as I know it's quite common to get high risk but for everything to be ok. Did you pay for the harmony test? Wondering whether I should due to my age

Thinking of you.

I know how your feeling as I too got the dreaded call and was told high risk of downs with a 1:45.
Went to London for the harmony test and luckily we received results of 1:1,000000 .... major difference hey!
Let us know how you get on xx

We did the harmony test with DS. He had a large NT measurement (which on its own was a risk of about 1:8) so didn't even bother with the combined testing but went straight for the harmony which thankfully came back all clear.

Wishing you all the best for Harmony test results rach x

Hi BunnyN,

How long did it take you to get the results?

Thanks

I have to wait up to 7 working days. Hating the wait and a bit all over the place.
Got the test on the NHS because considered high risk.

I understand you very well, I had this kind of dreadful call from one of midwives on Thursday evening,just before I finish work. I have done my Harmony Test on Friday early in the morning at my local hospital. I had very bad blood results. They put me in risk 1 in 19 for Downs Syndrome. My bHCG= 4.14 MoM, PAPP-A 0.28. Only the NT was fine 1.40. I am so stressed and anxious :((((

I am not sure if they still have to send the blood to US for testing, or they have lab here in London. I wish I've never done that Combined Test and started with the Harmony(((
The dr or midwife said she will send it with the courier the same day to Chelsea and Westminster hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back