Combined screening results back 1 in 370

BBaby

Reaction score
It says low risk but this seems high to me!

Anyone else had this score? I'm 31 and stressing! Xx

My results weren't similar to yours but from what I remember they class anything less than 1/150 as high risk so I would say your results are low risk. Maybe speak to your MW if you're unsure xxx

Forgive my ignorance but what is this test who done it when why where etc? :-/

Not sure, but can't you get a blood test done now that gives you 99% certainty. I'm 36 so also worried about the chances when I get to that stage.

There is another test it's amniocentesis and its done by inserting a needle through ur belly button and taking some amniotic fluid Hun and that is a def answer I think but it does carry a risk of misscarriage I'm not sure what the risk percentage is sorry x

If you work out the % risk out of 100 it works out at 99.73% chance that your baby does not have downs. Obviously the only way you can know for sure from the NHS is a chromosomal test usually amino or CVS. Both of these are invasive and carry a risk of miscarriage. FYI, if you decide you want a chromosomal test I'm pretty sure you can get stats by hospital for their miscarriage rate. There is a general stat you are quoted but that does not give you the full story as its averaged over the whole country. One person performing the procedure may be much better at performing it than someone else. So it's something worth investigating as part of your decision making process.

There is another none invasive blood test available privately called the harmony blood test. It costs about 5-600 pounds and is supposed to be a much more accurate indicator as it actually tests the feral genetic material which is passed to the mother in your blood.

Best if luck with whatever you decide to do. It's a very personal decision.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Not sure, but can't you get a blood test done now that gives you 99% certainty. I'm 36 so also worried about the chances when I get to that stage.

Yes hun, it's called the Harmony test. I'm 42 and I had it at 10 weeks because of
my age. My risk came back as 1:10000 (which is the lowest they give). My combined test came back as 1:800 but is less accurate. PM me if you would like any more information. xxx

Hi thanks for your replies.

I just don't understand age 31 nucheal fold was1.4mm which I thought was good?

I'm worried and feel like crying :-(

Hi thanks for your replies.

I just don't understand age 31 nucheal fold was1.4mm which I thought was good?

I'm worried and feel like crying :-(

To be honest I think this is why a lot of authorities no longer give the ratio as it can cause worry even though the risk is low. A fraction of 1% is pretty good odds. My first baby came back as 1 in 230 which I found scary but counted as low risk. I looked at that result and I also looked at my 12 and 20 week scan results. They do lots of checks on other markers such as nose bone development, body proportion, heart development and lots more. These checks are obviously there to pick up other potential issues too. These all came back normal for me so I decided based on the accumulated information I would not take invasive testing any further as that comes with its own risks. I had a lovely healthy baby boy. It is possible to come back as low risk and still have a baby with chromosomal issues but it is rare for it not to be picked up before birth (though can happen).

As I said earlier the choice to have further testing is a very personal decision and doing some research will prob make it clearer what's right for you. The Harmony test is none invasive and more accurate than the NHS nuchal fold/blood test. The only definitive tests are cvs and amino but as invasive tests these come with their own set of risks. I'm afraid only you can way up the pros and cons of what you find acceptable or not. xxx

And sorry for the essay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back