Combined bath and changing unit

Amanda

Reaction score
Hi All

Has anyone had any experience with one of these??

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.as...rseryFurnitureChangingUnits/714062?ref=Search

We only have a shower unit in the house, and no bath, and I was worrying about what to do once baby is born. We are hoping to move (or buy this rented house and replace the bathroom ) within 6 months but we will need something for the interim. I thought this looked good in case I have to have a C section as there will be no lifting involved. (Always prepared!!)

yh i think they look good. will u just use the shower head to fill it with water?? how do u let the water out?

Yes, I'll fill it in the shower then wheel it along the landing. It says in the catalogue that it comes complete with a drainage pipe, so I'm presuming I can just wheel it back to the bathroom when I'm finished and empty it in the shower.

sounds good then..
u going to get one x

Hiya

My older sister had one as she did have a C Section and struggled to bend. It was a godsend for her for about 3 weeks and after that she said it was a pain to fill and empty and just took up to much room (It sat in the Lounge).
In your situation though, it does sound like a good idea. Make sure its the right height for you though as they aren't all height adjustable. As we come from a family of short people, my sisters ideally should have been a bit lower but you couldn'd adjust hers (It was from Argos).

I'm definitely going to get one nearer the time if we are still in this house. Thanks for the comments.

Rachael, good advise about the height adjustment, thanks! I am quite tall so have the opposite problem!! This one is £49.99, and there is another one for £89.99 so I'm sure one of them will be. I'll check them out. Mine will be stored in the nursery so won't be in the way, also it is good extra storage.

I had a mamas & papas one.... used the bath bit for the first few weeks then it became too heavy to lift water out or push to bathroom to let out water. I didn't have enough room for it in my bathroom and it became impossible to fill and empty dispite having a drainage pipe. I would have to drain it into a bucket etc.. The novelty wore off and became a hassle, especially as OH wasn't always there to help. It was a waste of money for me as I ended up just using it as a changing station.
I rate it 8/10 for looks....3/10 for practicality.
Cheaper buying changing station with drawers for clothing and a nice changing mat for ontop.
Good luck with decision making.... so much to think about!! :shock: :D
Emilia xx

I had the mamas and papas one with my second baby and i wont waste my money with another one. :(
They look great and i guess it was ok for a couple of weeks,but try pushing them about on carpet with water in,they are a real pain and the water sploshes everywhere :( . The wheels weren't that sturdy either and in the end one broke.

I would just use a normal baby bath on the table to save bending or you can buy stands, fill it with a few jugs of water and then just get someone else to empty it for you xx

I don't want to buy one of these for the changing unit, as I think they are a complete waste of money, I only want the bath on wheels. I know I'm going to struggle as we only have a shower unit, but I was looking at the bathroom this morning and it is easily big enough for the unit, so I wont need to move it when it's full of water.

It can stay in the nursery, then get wheeled into the bathroom empty, fill from the shower head, bath the baby, then drain in the shower tray and take back into the nursery empty. I really have nowhere for putting a normal baby bath, unless I bath the baby on the landing!! :shock: There would not be enough room to kneel on the bathroom floor with a normal bath, but with this unit I could stand.

Does this make sense?

If you have the room in your bathroom to use it then you will probably get on well with it :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back