Combi feeding with bf

twinkles

Reaction score
Is this ok or too much of a combo?!?!

I'm currently bf in the day and giving bf milk in bottles through the night....

Would giving baby one formula bottle at first night feed help to sleep better? She's currently feeding every 2 hours at night yet every 3 hours in the day....I'm happy with the feeding but want to get her sleeping a longer as I have to go back to work at Xmas!!

Or do I carry on as we are and see if she settles over the next few weeks, she's only 5 weeks tomorrow....x

You could try it but my LO sleeps worse since going into formula! In fairness he only woke once on breast milk but now wakes twice on formula! X

Mmmmmmm I might leave it a few weeks...keep the bf milk going while I have it!! I guess 5 weeks is still young!x

My whole NCT group BF but a few of them tried two weeks with a formula feed at night.... None of the babies slept longer!!

C is 12 weeks now and it is only in the last week or so that he has slept longer than two hours at night! He still feeds every two hours during the day but I can handle that.

I would keep at it hun xx

I'm going to kk....milks flowing well, got the fridge stocked, starting on the freezer now!!!

Lo is a happy baby, starting a routine at night now so we will see if he gets her days and nights the right way round!! But for now I'm going to enjoy our middle of the night cuddles ;) x

Ohh get you! I have enough to get me through 4 days in the freezer. Pretty satisfying seeing the stash!

I know how tough the two hourly feeds are Hun. It will get better soon xx

Ha ha I have 4oz in the freezer! That won't get us far!!!! I need to start filling it up now to get us through Xmas!!!!! X

its actually better to solely bf at night and give bottles in the day as night is when more milk is produced and it will stimulate your supply more. its a myth that formula makes them sleep longer too, it really dosent. their either good sleepers or they arent. ive combi fed for 6 months boob and formula so it is possible tho my lo has pretty much eliminated the formula now were weaning and just has one bedtime bottle and juice in the day as well as bf. hope you get a good stock going x

I find giving her bottles at night works because she drinks them quicker so back to sleep sooner which means I get more sleek too! I'm expressing through the night, your right about supply! I could feed a family on the 3am pump!!!! Will stay off the formula for now, just need to stock up more on milk! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back