Colposcopy

charlotte7891

Reaction score
I have a my first smear just after my last period finished middle of June, and it came back abnormal with low grade dyskaryosis and a high risk of hpv, so been sent for a colposcopy examination, was due on the 5th of august but just rang up and told them im pregnant and they've changed it to the 9th of September.

has anyone had one whilst pregnant, or due to have one?

Iv literally just had a colposcopy today! Had mine for a polyp that was causing heavy bleeding and had it removed, they have said to me that its fine to have it fine after the first trimester. I was in and out in about 15 minutes, have been dreading it since they said I had to have it done but it honestly wasn't that bad! X

i have had this i had severe cells n biopsy followed by lazor treatment n another biopsy i am due for my 3 month colopscopy in august but think they will change it now i think, thankfully after lazor i was grade 1 & 2 not 1,2,3 x

Tri hopping...I had to have a colposcopy last summer as same as you I had mild cell changes and high hpv. Absolutely rocked my world (I'm a huge worrier) they took a biopsy and the results thankfully were so mild, due to the virus, I didn't need any treatment. My 12 month repeat smear has come through but now I'm pregnant again I'm reluctant to have it done as I just feel so happy and don't want anything to worry about. Afraid their may be changes again. Although I know I really should :/

Hi, just jumping over!
I went through 3 years of colposcopys for mild cell changes and the HPV virus.
It's not that bad (I was scared to death before my first) they just took a small bit of my cervix each time for testing.
In the end the cells never changed so I was treated with cold coagulation.
This was all before I was pregnant but it did cause me to spot a few times during my pregnancy.

Good luck!

Not whilst pregnant but the colposcopy was a little uncomfortable and laser treatment afterwards was a breeze though felt uncomfortable afterwards for the rest of the day and couldn't sit properly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back