Colposcopy treatment

twinkle75

Reaction score
Has anyone gone on and had a normal pregnancy after having abnormal smear tests and a colposcopy treatment??

Thanks

Hiya

I had colposcopy treatment 5 years ago after having an abnormal smear test - I have been ttc since July but have had no joy. Last month I went for my smear test ( I am still having them on a yearly basis) and mentioned to the nurse that I was having difficulties conceiving, she didn't help me at all - (said that I need to be patient!) but said that the treatment should not stop me from conceiving - (I knew this already as my husband's cousin had colposcopy treatment and now has a healthy baby girl) but I am getting desperate. My Af is due round the 14th April - if I get yet another BFN I am going to make an appointment at the doctors, I don't care if they think I am inpatient.

But getting back to your question - yes I know somebody who has had the treatement and had a perfectly healthy pregnancy - hope this puts your mind at ease.

I had a Colposcopy in March 03 & fell pregnant in Jan 05 after coming off the pill 2 months before.

I did miscarry - but don't believe that had anything to do with the colposcopy, just bad luck I guess!

Good luck with the trying :lol:

I had a colposcopy in dec/2000 i believe it was and was told i would not have a problem TTC... got preggy's 10/8/01, with only 4 months of trying.. good luck...

I had a colposcopy following an abnormal smear 6 years ago. No kids...yet, but I haven't been trying all that time! :lol:

I was told that it wouldn't affect my ability to concieve or carry a baby. Tried with ex for 18 months, just after colposcopy, with no luck (could've been him).

Just started trying in last few months with wonderful fella and feeling hopeful, despite having a polyp removed from my womb a couple of years ago and being over 30. There have been times when I've felt my body has been conspiring against me! On plus side, doctors have said because of all this, that I only need try for 12 months (think they like at least 18 normally) before they will look into reasons why things aren't happening.

I understand that a cone biopsy (the step after colposcopy if it doesn't work) can affect ability to carry baby and to conceive.

I understand your frustrations and worries having not conceived so far. It definitely contributed to the breakdown of my previous relationship. I think it's pretty unfair to have to cope with the scary colposcopy stuff (my doctor helpfully told me the worst case scenario was that I would get cancer and die before I was 30) and then have problems conceiving as well!

Why does it feel like everyone else just looks at each other and ends up preggers! :?

Hi

I had a colposcopy and laser treatment about 10 years ago. My first ever smear was abnormal and the treatment went on for a good 2 years before I was all clear. I was a high CIN. Anyway I am now 7 weeks pg with my first baby. It took me over a year of TTC and I have asked in forum's before about the treatment I have had effecting TTC and the responses I got were that it wouldn't make a difference to conceiving but when I actually go into labour it may take my cervix longer to dilate due to scar tissue.

When I was having my treatment not one of the nurses or gynecologists or doctors mentioned anything about TTC or giving birth and at the time babies were the last thing on my mind so it never occured to me to ask.

Hope this helps

lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back