Coloscopy & higher risk of miscarriage?! :/

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone else had a coloscopy and then got pregnant? I just got back from the docs, they have signed me off work to rest more cos I just feel crap & stressed at work plus had a tiny bleed after sex but she explained that because I had a coloscopy last year I'm slightly higher risk of miscarriage. Obviously I've left there feeling more worried than before now!! Anyone else experienced this & had a healthy pregnancy?? Xx

Not sure about the coloscopy, but bleeding after sex is quite common due to the cervix having more blood flowing through it due to increased hormones. So I wouldn't worry unless the bleeding continues xx

sounds weird to me that a colonoscopy last yr would effect your body now thats like saying my endoscopy a few months ago puts me at risk .......... id get a second opinion from your dr.

I had a colposcopy in 2000, then became pregnant with my daughter in 2002. She was finally born 11 days overdue weighing in at 9lb!

The sonographer was talking about this at the hospital yesterday. She told me that following a colposcopy there is a slight increase in the risk of premature birth but wasn't at all worried because of my previous history.

My midwife has always made a note of the fact i've had a colposcopy but has never seen it as being a problem.

I hope this puts your mind at rest a little bit :hug:

Thank you! Yes that puts my mind at ease a bit. I was so worried after leaving the docs, thinking I'd have an incompetent cervix or something!! I have since researched the net & it says you are higher risk of MC if you have had a cone biopsy not a colposcopy (sorry spelt it wrong at first lol). Think my docs just like to worry me, they always give me duff info! Xx

I had the cone thingy as well, I had level 2 changing cells. (I think thats what they called them!)

I agree that Dr's like to scare you with worst case scenarios! Have you seen your midwife yet? They tend to be far more reassuring!

Seeing the midwife on 30th so will deffo ask her more questions about it! I've been signed off work anyway so at least I can rest up and stay safe :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back