Colic

babyslog

Reaction score
Im 100% sure my poor baba has colic :(
Its horrible seeing him struggle.

Ive tried infacol, windin him half way through feed and again once finished, then tried after every ounce.. I wind him on my shoulder and he does burp but his little legs curl right up still and hes in pain..
Hes pooing but itll take him hours... I dnt think hes constipated as his poo is soft still.

Not sure of taking him to the drs they can help?
Or is there anything else i can do?

H.V is coming tomorrow xx

Baby massage really helps. You can search for it on YouTube.
Are you breastfeeding? If you are green vegetable, spicy foods, fizzy drinks etc have a really horrible effect on their wind in their early weeks.
Also, I know you're not meant to give them gripe water until theyre 4 weeks but when mine was 2 weeks old my HV said I could dip a dummy in gripe water and let her suck on it. It did wonders.
Infacol prevents wind but gripe water relieves trapped wind.

I hope your baby feels better soon chick.x

Hey Hun, you have a range of things to pick from - I had to go through quite a few to ease JJ's colic:

Infacol
Colief
Gripe water
Comfort milk

Infacol worked for a couple of days, but then seemed to stop! We moved to gripe water and JJ wouldn't swallow it at all...he seemed to hate the taste and always screwed his face up. Colief was a complete pain in the arse (prepping is a nightmare) - and although it worked for the first 7 days - it again appeared to just stop working over night. Our saving grace was comfort milk - and after 2 - 3 days of being on this, he settled right down - his wind at first really stank lol, and his nappies were and continue to be a bit runny - but this is a side affect of comfort milk.

No two babies are the same and what works for me, may not work for you...if in doubt speak to your HV first - she may have alternative suggestions! :) xxx

Hiya

It's horrid isn't it seeing them suffer with it. Have you got anti colic bottles? (Ignore if you're bf!) also, together with the bottles, Colief really worked for us. It's expensive mind so after a few goes with it, we managed to get it on prescription.

Worth a try I guess.

Jill x x

Hey girls thanks for ur replies..

No stopped BFing day 5 n im bottle feeding on C&G atm!
I was looking into the comfort milk just then. I think ill mention that to my HV..

Hes also very sicky, he guzzles down his milk alot! I try an take it out to let him breathe and calm down (oe of the reasons i couldnt handle him on my nipple any longer)

Infacol doesnt really seem to be working, he loes the stuff now, just seems to settle him if hes crying for a feed while im heating up the bottle..
Hes currenty sleeping on my chest, to scared to move him cos hell cry :( :( think ive got most of his wind up now tho.

Does cow and gate do comfort milk? Ive only seen the no1 & no2 hungrier babies. Is that it?? Xx

No just google imaged the tub, yellowish label!

Guna see what H.V suggests and grab a tub tomorrow xx

Hiya

It's horrid isn't it seeing them suffer with it. Have you got anti colic bottles? (Ignore if you're bf!) also, together with the bottles, Colief really worked for us. It's expensive mind so after a few goes with it, we managed to get it on prescription.

Worth a try I guess.

Jill x x

Yeah i do have the anti colic TT bottles.. Dnt seem to help at all mind! Xx

Dr Brown bottles are meant to be really helpful for babies with colic?

Xx

Could be reflux Hun. My lo has silent reflux and used to do all the things your lo does; arching back, pulling legs up, can't be laid flat, gulping when taking a bottle..... Deffo mention all these things to hv xxx poor bubba xxz

Also some ladies on here have said placing the babies on their front really helped.

I'll stop piping up now!x

Thank u so much girls! All very useful info!

Hes currenty on my chest now on his belly and aeems very happy. I need the loo tho hahaha! Xx

I think it's like a process of elimination for each baby, as what works for one won't work for another.

My youngest had colic terribly, yet my oldest never did. I initially started BF, had to stop after 8 days due to her getting admitted to hosp and being put on a feeding tube and oxygen. She was on C&G first and really didn't get on with it at all! So I changed formula to SMA as my eldest had been on that with no probs after I stopped BF. She still wasn't great and had green poo too!! Sign of a windy tummy I was told.
HV advised comfort milk but she really didn't get on with that either and she hated the taste, I thought it was horrible stuff. So I decided to go back to SMA as she was happiest and enjoyed the taste.

I decided to try Colief in her feeds and it was a lifesaver! She was soooooo much better. It was a nightmare prepping feeds but well worth it for her. I started trying to wean her of it at 3 months but she was still bad, so left it until 4 months (as the bottle advises) and by this time she was fine. I think it was mainly down to the fact I'd started weaning at 4 months too. I think it settled her tummy more, I think she def had reflux issues although the docs agreed they were very anti medicating it.

Hope you find something that works for your baby xx

Oskar had terrible wind, drawing his poor little legs to his chest & screaming! So sad to watch you just feel helpless :(

I found the TT closer to nature bottles the worst and he's now on dr browns bottles. Not even sure how they work but they do! He still gets wind, just less painful and less of it!

You can get them at John Lewis, they're not that expensive either

xxxxx

Also, I'm not sure if its just a fluke but I find a dummy helps him too xxxx

Infacol can take a week to work properly.

We were the same so started on infacol, dr browns bottle's and Hipp Organic milk. Its a very gentle milk and did wonders for her wind and poop

She was perfect after a week. (Before all that we had tried dentinox, colief and infacol on its own. Didnt work)

Cant recommend the Dr Brown bottles enough I think there great and really do with x

Hey hun - we tried every collic thing on the shelf with J. It ended up silent reflux & constipation.

I thought he wasn't constipated because he was pooing atleast 1 time a day, soft normal poo - but according to hv his tummy was hard and extended so he was bunged up.

I tried the comfort milk and It didn't work. Heard good things abt anti reflux c&g which u get in boots.

Hope lo is ok soon. Jacksons settled about 7-8weeks when he started sleeping through xxxxx

I agree dr browns worked wonders for los wind xxx

Thank u all! Im just on amazin now looking at the dr brown bottles..

The teats confuse me.. Im only guna buy 2 bottles for now. What size teat should i get?? Hes 3wks on thurs.
I have the TT steriliser will dr browns fit in that?? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back