colic is a bitch!!!

twinkle90

Reaction score
Its so draining and frustrating!! The same time every evening. 5pm til god knows when. Nothing works. The crying is non stop. Going to try either colic drops or colic bottles. It's so fucking expensive though and it's not guaranteed to work. Greer...

I know- it's awful :-( have you tried gripe water? Also baths really help assuming yours enjoys the bath anyway- makes a big difference for us. Also tummy massage. Hope it eases soon xx

Really feel for u. My 2nd had it and we tried loads. I did find the bottles helped alot tho. We tried so many different things. He eventually settled on the hipp organic milk. Hope it eases for ur little one soon x

I really feel for you! It's awful, I couldn't enjoy the first couple of months of my Lo's life as other mums seemed to I was so drained, you will come out the other side one day though.

The bottles have been recommended to me loads. So expensive though. Going to see HV today and see what they say. I've just started in the gripe water, I put a dose in her bottles. Xxx

I always used MAM anti colic bottles with my son. He never once suffered. My friend used avent normal bottles and her daughter suffered bad with colic. My auntie used normal tommee tippee closer to nature and her boy suffered. I am a strong believer in anti colic bottles. Yes more pricey than others but so worth it. I will be using them again this time around. x

Have you thought about switching to comfort milk? We tried anti colic bottles and colief drops but comfort milk really sorted her out xx

Mam are a faff and not getting the bottom on proper will result in milk pouring out from the bottle. So I'd advocate for dr Browns. I had a bad colicky baby and I'm still trying to figure out the root cause as I always believed there's something else going on too. Yes they are expensive but that's why I'm the first one to shout stay the f away from tommee tippee shite! Tbh I find replacing teats and other bits from the bottle (I have mam and can't get rid) working out far more expensive. Realistically you only need about 2-3 bottles and you'll have enough.

Had it with both of mine and dr Browns bottles and comfort milk xx

We used to give Felix fennel tea which seemed to be the only thing that helped, it's very popular back in Germany to use things like that for colic. I think chamomile is another which can help and peppermint but not all small babies like the taste of that xo

We had months and months and months of misdiagnosed colic when it was reflux! We are ebf so bottles/comfort milk/etc., not a possibility. Talk with your hv and gp for a consistent diagnosis, don't do what I did and rely on one opinion!

I've just started her on Comfort Milk this evening. Fingers crossed! But she's been off her milk slightly today. More like grazing she is. Ill see if I can get some of the drops prescribed. She has her jabs on Wednesday too. Xx

It is just trial and error. We used dr Browns bottles, dentinox drops and aptamil comfort milk which worked a treat for us. We'd tried sma and hipp before. You can get infacol on prescription.

My LG had colic really bad too! Constant crying from 6-10pm most nights for 8 weeks! Colief drops were good but caused more runny nappies, you can get it prescribed from Dr though for free. Infacol is good too. Dr Brown's bottles are amazing, look out for offers as expensive. Also after 3 weeks I gave in and got dummies. X

Going to try the bottles and colief I think. A lot have suggested that so will try it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back