'Colic' in a nearly 4 month old??

precious_cargo

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Ella is right n colief and gaviscon. As she is well over the 3 months colicky period I attempted last week to reduce her dosage of the colief as was told by gp that would be the plan and then to wean her off it. Well reduced dose was an epic fail! Shes 15 weeks but was 9 days late so corrected age shes over 16 weeks. She doesnt projectile n is still putting ob weight. Has anyone had experience with this and what happened? ? Gp mentioned weaning at 5mnths but as milk still makes up their diet until 1 how will this help? X

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Could the amount you reduce the colief by be too much for her to take? Maybe try a smaller amount of reduction? I don't really know much about colief but maybe she will need weaning off of it very slowly? x

Yes did hun reduced by one drop pee feed n the green poo resurfaced x

Ah i see, sorry i can't be of any more help. Hope someone on here can offer advice x

If you think she's not ready, just keep her on the same amount of colief. We dropped Jules down to 2 drops per feed a while ago and have just this week reduced it to 1 drop per feed and touch wood she seems to be ok so far! I've just put in a repeat prescription at the docs for some more colief just in case we have to increase it again. I know in the instructions it says to wean between 3 and 4 months but sod it! Do what you thinks best! Jules is 5 months and if I'm honest I've been putting off weaning her off it in case anything happened!

Jill xx

Thats reassuring to hear J thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27