colds

Yes Rubie has it too. Put a folded blanket or towel under the matress at the head end so they aren't completely flat. Put him in a steamy room for a bit, ie the bathroom with the tap running. This helped Rubie a lot. I also picked her nose with a cotton bud (gently) but I wasn't advised by HV, just thought it needed doing lol

if he gets really bad the docs will give you saline solution (sp?)

that clears there nose so they can breathe better

I was told I couldn't have it :(

aww how come?

its not very nice mind, you have to put the drops up there noses, poor babys panick for a bit but then it does clear there noses out.

I asked the HV and she said the doctor will not prescribe for a cold cos they want the baby to build up their immune system and I said what about something to clear her nose and she said there isn't anything he will prescribe so not worth bothering... :? I knew I had heard of those drops but wasn't sure if I dreamed it so didn't say anything lol

oo maybe they dont do it anymore then, i had them for Ethan but thats going back 7 years lol

Coby is bunged up too, i have just been doing all the things you said, wet towels on warm rads, not laying him flat etc.

cheers for replying. liam just seems to want to be held, poor thing. hard to do when you have a 3 year old at your ankles. lol. jon is off to football this evening so it will just be me joshua and liam for a couple of hours, should be fun, with both boys with colds.

i have been told that in some cultures they suck the boogies out of their babies noses but i just cant face doing that, urgh. my sil said about a device that you put up their nose, squeeze it and then it sucks the snot (sorry) out of their noses, a bit like a pipette or dropper. anyone heard of this. apparently you can buy it from a chemist

LOL my oh used to suck snot with his other 3, it turns my stomach to think of it :x

davina said:
. anyone heard of this. apparently you can buy it from a chemist

Ive seen these in tesco extra...they look like a tiny hoover!!!! lol hoover up them boogies!!!

stephlw25 said:
davina said:
. anyone heard of this. apparently you can buy it from a chemist

Ive seen these in tesco extra...they look like a tiny hoover!!!! lol hoover up them boogies!!!

ive not heard of them before, i will have to have a look, sounds good!

i am going to tescos tomorrow so i will have a look. i think it is the type of thing that sounds like a good idea but how many of us would actually ever use it!!!!

i forgot how hard babies were. it is even harder this time as joshua is only 3. i dont envy sarah who has a baby of four months and is pregnant with twins. i thought it was hard when i had joshua and kieran was 7, but that was nothing compared to this.

Dylan has a cold and i got him so Karvol drops its really helped him and i also brought a nasal decongester to help clear his nose its really good 2!

You can find one in boots. I had a white one but personnaly found it totally useless, did not suck anything at all :(

Thomas has had his cold for 6 weeks now, it will never go !!!! lol

You can also get them in boots hun, you squeeze it, put it in the nostril and release it and it suck it up lol

Hello

I have obe ofthose things its like the device docs use when your baby first comes out to suck out the mucus ect.
It works good i hear.. havent had to use mine yet.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back