Colds!

Les1504

Reaction score
Is it normal for a baby to have so many coughs and colds? I took Harry to the doctors last weeks with a chesty cough and he's started sneezing/sniffling again today and his eyes are streaming. He goes to nursery 2 days a week and I know most bugs are picked up there! Does anyone else's LO seem to have one bug after another?

From working in daycare for years I've noticed that a lot of the new kiddies pick up everything for the first month or 2 until their immune system gets a wee bit stronger.

I read a child has an average of 12 colds per year?!?
My Lo's had a runny nose since he started nursery xxx

I remember one parent saying that she hadn't realised she would spend so much money to have her kid at home. lol

I read a child has an average of 12 colds per year?!?
My Lo's had a runny nose since he started nursery xxx

I read that too. I think my lo is having her first cold at the moment. Xx

When Lyla was in creche she had a constant runny nose and had a few infections too. Normal though xx

have you had nice weather?
weve just been told by HV and go that O has hayfever. Shes had runny nose, watery eyes and spots coming up round her eyes, took her to see HV who said it was Hayfever!! so took her to gp who confirmed.
x
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

have you had nice weather?
weve just been told by HV and go that O has hayfever. Shes had runny nose, watery eyes and spots coming up round her eyes, took her to see HV who said it was Hayfever!! so took her to gp who confirmed.
x

That's a good point, we've spent most of the weekend playing in the garden and his eyes were streaming today :-( I suffer from asthma and hay fever so it's a possibility! Thanks Hun will keep an eye on him x

Hope O is ok, will she need to take antihistamines? X

Chloe got a lot of colds in the first few months, we used a spray for her nose. She then got a bad cough (well to me it was as I hate it when babys/children cough) around 3-4 months but I got her some calcough and it went straight away near enough.

The HV told me that babys are always getting cold and coughs and as long as she isn't ill in the way of tempature and alertness/in pain then it's fine and in a way a good thing s it will harden her immune system so when she goes to school she will be less likely to catch as much. X

Hope O is ok, will she need to take antihistamines? X

Not at the moment as it doesnt massively bother her they said the dont tend to prescribe them so young.
we were just advised to keep her indoors early morning and evening, keep windows shut, change her outfit after shes been playing outside.
erm. get her some sunglasses and rub vaseline under her nose. etc etc.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back