Colds when pregnant

SugaryIris

Reaction score
My dh has had the most rotten cold for about 10 days. I thought I’d managed to avoid it but started getting a sore throat and have full on symptoms this morning.

lots of vitamin c and honey and lemon for me but I wondered if anyone had any other tips on how to battle a cold? I know pregnant women can take paracetamol but I’d still like to avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

Vicks vaporub is okay to use (according to pharmacist) and Benylin Adult was the only cough syrup my chemist were willing to sell me whilst pregnant. Lots of rest, lots of soup and tea (even decaf cures everything!) I will say though, if you are really rough, do take some paracetamol. Even if it just allows you to get some extra rest, it will be of huge benefit. Hope you feel better soon!

If you’re feeling bunged up i like making hot diluting juice with a spoonful of honey. I inhale the steam as I’m drinking it and it does wonders for my airways x

Thanks ladies, didn’t realise vics was ok so I’m sending dh out to get some lol. I have a few days off work, I was hoping to start the nursery but I think I’ll just watch rubbish tv and rest instead.

I think the rest is probably the most important thing as you're so limited in what you can take. Hope you feel better soon. Winter bugs are awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back