cold

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi loves

Can anyone tell me if they experienced getting colds whilst pregnant. for all three of my pregnancies i seem to get a cold and thats what makes me so nauseous.

xx

I have a bit of the sniffles but from my first appointment my midwife told me is can be quite common as your immune system is lowered quite a lot in the first 3 months especially - hence you an be prone to lots of things going round.

HTH xxx

Hi

Thanks for your reply. you would think that i would be an expert about my symptoms by now, it being my third. but the truth is that i have forgotten a load of it. I work in a hospital so i can look forward to catching loads of colds.

x

Make sure you get to GP though if you feel terrible - maybe he could give you something - hope you don't catch too many nasties though!

xx

Hi

Does your ticker change at midnight. Mine doesnt seem to change until the afternoon? I see that we are due roughly at the same time.

x

When you load it up check the time at the bottom. If you change the time to being 11am and it is 11:30am it won't change till half past midnight. I was roughly 7+5 but after my second scan today I am now 7+6 roughly. Go onto the site and try it again with the time zone of 12pm midday? HTH xxx

hi

I re did the ticker but i am sure that i left it at 12 am. never mind

x

Lol, they are a thing t get the hang of! Wait till you go for your dating scan and they give you a new date - then you'll be re-doing it!

hi

I am having a c section so then they will give me another date for that!

x

I had a very bad cold when I found out I was pregnant; it lasted for a couple of weeks at least. Ear aches. runny nose, sore throat, coughing, sneezing...etc. But it's gone now so I'm glad!

Hey Davina

I'm wondering if the cold was my morning sickness, maybe I'm wrong but I was sick with like the worse cold ever when I found out I was pregnant....and I never threw up yet...feel like it sometimes but never actually did.....been really tired though, headaches, cramps here and there but nothing major.

hi nicki

I have still got a cold and it will last all my way through my pregnancy. not had headaches or anything just a runny nose, but it makes me gag when i blow my nose.

I hate being so negative but i hate being pregnant. love the end result but cant wait for it to be over.

xx

Hiya

Well for the first time in my life I have got hayfever. I have spent the past 8 weeks everyday having a sneezing fit and my eyes itch. Some days are worse than others. Heard on the news that this year because the pollen is so high that many people who have not previously had hayfever, have now. So perhaps insome cases its just co-incidence that we are pregnant at the same time or like someone else said our immune systems are not up to scratch.

All the Best
Ragna
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

davina said:
hi nicki

I have still got a cold and it will last all my way through my pregnancy. not had headaches or anything just a runny nose, but it makes me gag when i blow my nose.

I hate being so negative but i hate being pregnant. love the end result but cant wait for it to be over.

xx

Hi davina - Nikki won't reply hun - she's not ignoring you but she was booted I'm afraid for being less than nice to some members.

I know what u mean about not enjoying being pregnant - I'm really hating it sometimes and get down about it an have even said to OH that I'm having a termination (which I wouldn't ever sanely do!) but I know how sh*t it can feel.

Keep strong babe. xx

Hi Sami

I have been off work for 3 weeks and my computer at home isnt set up yet (only been living here a year). I did read a comment from Nicki to a lady who was having problems with her partner. I did think that her comments were not warrented. So maybe she did deserve to be struck off this website. I met plenty of people like her when i was alone with my first child.

back to the cold it is horrendous. to make matters worse the other 3 ladies here at work and my sister in law and my best mate are all having wonderful pregnancies and i am so jealous!!!

xx

yeah anyone I seem to know has sailed through their pregnancy and here I am stuck with bloody hyperemesis :evil: woe is me! :lol:

I did have a cold for a while too - feel like I have flu at the moment sort of but not feverish if that makes sense? it's a mixture of lots of crap lol. Have u taken anything for it?

Hi Sami

This web site is like a life line. i didnt know that anyone else had the misfortune to suffer with the same things as me.

The doctor has not given me anything but i think that i would be wary of taking anything.

I have just been given my 12 week scan for thursday the 14 at 3.00 (yippee). We seem to be due the same dates arent we.

As i am having a c section i have been told that i will probably be given my operation date next week!! which is exciting as i will know exactly what the date will be when i shall see my beautiful little one.

please please keep in touch honey

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back